Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

active pickup

+4
uglymutt
KrysH
akyra
blacksunshine
8 posters

Go down

active pickup Empty active pickup

Post  blacksunshine Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:22 pm

has anyone else have trouble with active pickups on there Squire jazz bass deluxe? So far i had to send it to the shop because when i changed the battery the wire popped off where the main jack goes in (not enough wire to remove battery). then my band and i got together and of course the battery needed changed again and this time the nine volt adapter wire popped off inside the black plastic, so i decided to fix it my self. the factory wires where thinner then then the aftermarket adapter. It's working fine right now but should i use thicker wire next time and just rewire the whole thing or will effect the sound? or write a letter to fender and see if they will replace it (so i can relive the whole nightmare again)

blacksunshine

Back to top Go down

active pickup Empty Re: active pickup

Post  akyra Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:25 pm

I'd be writing a letter with exclamation marks and everything!!

Thats shocking active pickup Icon_eek

Even if you do fix it write a letter xD always a chance of free stuffs
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  KrysH Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:45 pm

Pickey little problems like that tend to put me right off things straight away so I admire your perseverance.

Is this a new instrument? If it is I would have been tempted by now to take it back to the shop and demand a replacement - if it's a common thing with the Squires too I'd be even more tempted to go for an Ibanez SR - the battery compartment on them is well designed.
KrysH
KrysH

Back to top Go down

Post  blacksunshine Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:50 pm

Thanks guys. I think i will write to fender. Yes it is new, I've only had it for about 5 months tops.
I just dread the thought of driving a half an hour just to get it fixed again. Thanks again for your input

blacksunshine

Back to top Go down

Post  uglymutt Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:15 am

hope it gets all sorted
uglymutt
uglymutt

Back to top Go down

Post  DubHertz Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:56 am

Thicker wire will not affect the sound.

And if it is under warranty get them to fix it and issue some sort of formal complaint about the quality of the wiring.

As you can imagine the manufacturers in the far east use lesser quality parts nowadays to keep the build cost down to satisfy buyers by providing lower cost goods. This is bound to have a knock on effect on the overall quality.

Hope you get it sorted
DubHertz
DubHertz

Back to top Go down

Post  f8tlbyte Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:22 pm

I kinda disagree with the far east comment. Japanese fenders are just as good if not better in some cases. The made in mexico fenders are the ones to look out for. The finish on the MIM's are pretty crappy, and I have seen more defects with them.
f8tlbyte
f8tlbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  DubHertz Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:45 pm

f8tlbyte wrote:I kinda disagree with the far east comment. Japanese fenders are just as good if not better in some cases. The made in mexico fenders are the ones to look out for. The finish on the MIM's are pretty crappy, and I have seen more defects with them.

I hear ya....they seem to have the finish nailed...but the electronics are another story.
DubHertz
DubHertz

Back to top Go down

Post  Spoon Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:28 pm

its the indonesian, squiers you have to watch out for.
Spoon
Spoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:30 pm

Words of advice. Stick with companies that do not ship labor offshore. No one can build it like the luthier who designed it. That's why the US Fenders are worth so much. Same goes with Gibson and German Warwicks.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down