Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tabbing Mission

5 posters

Go down

Tabbing Mission Empty Tabbing Mission

Post  willba Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:55 pm

Im going to attempt to tab the solo at the beginning of this song.

I feel its a good way to challenge myself and improve my skills in general Smile

Its not too bad I dont think, just alot of hammer ons, but usually a whole step apart.

Ill be using the forum as a place to store what ive worked out, feel free to correct if you can see anything!

PS- Im am tabbing this under EADG although hes using a 5 string it should sound accurate. Once Ive finished ill play round with the tuning to see if that makes a difference Smile

G[---------------------------------------------------5h0-----5h7-775------------5----------------------------------------------------]
D[5r----------------------5h7-5h7-5h7-5h7-7-7-----77---------------7p5p7-7-7-7------------------------------------------------]
A[7r---0-0-0-0---0-5h7---------------------------------------------------------------0h5h7-7-7-5---5b-5-5-3-------------3h5---]
E[--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------7/5-------------5-5/1\3h5--------]

G[--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
D[-----------------------------------------------------------------------345/14--14-14-14h12---------------------------------------------]
A[--3h5-555-666-777----5h3----------3h5-555-666-777---345-------------------------14-13-12-10-------- 12-12--12-11-10---]
E[-------------------------------5/1\3h5----------------------------------------------------------------------12-------------------------------12-]

G[-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
D[-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
A[-12-12--12-11-10-----------12-12--12-11-10---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
E[---------------------12---------------------------12-12-------0-0-3-0-3-00-3-0--0-3-0-3-00-3-5-3-0-3-0-3-00-3-0--0-3h5-----]

G[-------------------------------9-9-9-9r-]
D[-------------------------------9-9-9-9r-]
A[---------------5h7-7-7-7-----7-7-7-7r-]
E[3p5p3p5p3p5---------------------------]

\

Last edited by willba on Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:52 pm; edited 21 times in total
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Tabbing Mission Empty Re: Tabbing Mission

Post  f8tlbyte Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:03 pm

Five strings scare me, but that would be a awesome tab job. Good luck. Cant wait to see it.
f8tlbyte
f8tlbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  willba Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:15 pm

It is done!

....roughly

Ive had to simplify bits for it to work on a 4 string but if u have a fiddle with it, it should sound OK.

cherry
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bothwell Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:18 pm

Ohhh this was the Bass solo that kind of inspired me to pick up the bass ! huge Metallia fan , love for whom the bell tolls !

Thanks for this , wont be playing this for a while until I'm much better !

I also have to learn what that all means at this moment in time no idea Razz except the E,A,D,G
Bothwell
Bothwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Some freaky guy Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:45 pm

Bothwell wrote:Ohhh this was the Bass solo that kind of inspired me to pick up the bass ! huge Metallia fan , love for whom the bell tolls !

Thanks for this , wont be playing this for a while until I'm much better !

I also have to learn what that all means at this moment in time no idea Razz except the E,A,D,G

I'll just push you in the direction of this little thingy I threw together a while ago Smile

http://www.bassmasta.net/b/bass_lessons/162498.html
Some freaky guy
Some freaky guy
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bothwell Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:05 pm

Some freaky guy wrote:

I'll just push you in the direction of this little thingy I threw together a while ago Smile

http://www.bassmasta.net/b/bass_lessons/162498.html

Extremely helpful , thanks very much mate. cheers
Bothwell
Bothwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:11 pm

How does 5p7 work?
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Some freaky guy Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:59 pm

Pippynip wrote:How does 5p7 work?

Probably supposed to be 5h7, not 5p7.
Some freaky guy
Some freaky guy
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  willba Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:44 pm

This isnt the final version, the final one is saving onto a txt. file, i can correct this one but as I said its the draft version Smile
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down