Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deciding on a new challenge

4 posters

Go down

Deciding on a new challenge Empty Deciding on a new challenge

Post  Drakon7 Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:59 am

Recently I've managed to learn to play some decent hard songs well, such as Sequoia Throne - Protest the hero, Selkies - BTBAM, Most of Viridian - BTBAM and quite a few Mudvayne songs (Including Death Blooms, Dig, Not Falling, Internal Primates Forever and more) and Im looking for something new to conquer. Open for discussion. Im not looking for anything that has any new fancy techniques or is ridiculously fast, and especially not one that is just a solo (Such as Viridian by BTBAM, anything by Jaco/Vic Wooten etc. A band orientated song.) Preferably fingerstyle. Standard or Drop D is PREFERED but not essential if the song is worth it.

Go.
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Deciding on a new challenge Empty Re: Deciding on a new challenge

Post  Bass Mon Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:07 am

Palms read or bloodmeat by PTH

Bass Mon

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:11 am

Ive learnt both, not 100% perfect, but I know it all, the tapping in bloodmeat took a while to get down but I got it. I also learnt Limb from Limb, The Divine Suicide of K, Blindfolds Aside, Bury the Hatchet, Heretics, Spoils and a bit of a few other songs. Sequoia and Bloodmeat are the only ones I can play kinda fluently due to practice and the lack thereof with the others. Im trying to think of other bands, though.
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliff em' all Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:20 pm

First of all try tech death metal.
Try this.

Homicidal retribution - Dying Fetus
And OBSCURA.
It's a tech death band.
Also try some cynic.Sean is preety insane when it comes to basslines.

I'll come back later with more.
Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:43 pm

New challenge..Try something you don't often do. Try some motown or acid jazz/fusion. Learn some scales and how to apply them. Learn the notes on the fretboard so you don't need to think when asked what they are.
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:59 pm

Cliff em' all wrote:First of all try tech death metal.

Ah yeah, I've learnt a few similar songs, I'm really looking for something that will help push me, any idea of a tech death metal song that would use fingerstyle and slap? That'd be awesomeeeee =D

danthewelshy wrote:New challenge..Try something you don't often do. Try some motown or acid jazz/fusion. Learn some scales and how to apply them. Learn the notes on the fretboard so you don't need to think when asked what they are.

That's the thing, I know most the scales and how to apply them, and the notes, when I was doing lessons with Jordan from Scale the Summit, thats what we mostly worked on. Do you know any good Jazz (The funky kind) that isnt just a solo that I could learn?
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliff em' all Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:57 am

All i can recall now is not something tech death...it's a mathcore song,which I think uses both slap and fingerstyle.

It's preety good.

And another that i think it uses slap somewhere round the middle

Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down