Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unusual fret buzz

+4
Protoplm
Fuzzy
Drakon7
Faceslide
8 posters

Go down

Unusual fret buzz Empty Unusual fret buzz

Post  Faceslide Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:04 pm

Just recently I had the most obnoxious buzz develop. Luckily for me it is only in one spot, A string, 8th fret. Even stranger is the fact that it buzzes (physically speaking not musically) above the fretted 8th note, towards the headstock. The plus side to this is that it doesn't get transposed through the amp. Im really not sure what could be causing the problem as it is a new bass which I already had taken to the music shop and had intonated ect.... (RBX A2 Yamaha). Any Ideas? Suggestions? It just started in earlier this morning, Im gonna give it some time see if it maybe will vanish on its own accord but any feedback would be appreciated.
Faceslide
Faceslide

Back to top Go down

Unusual fret buzz Empty Re: Unusual fret buzz

Post  Drakon7 Fri May 01, 2009 12:22 am

Mine did that too once!

It was the 6th on the D strings though

But it just went away.

I had my brother and my girfriend both have a go, I tried holding it different ways and it still buzzed, but mine just went away. But dont just go off me, cause it might be different Smile

Keep scrounging around the internet till you find it!
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Fri May 01, 2009 6:55 am

not really relevant to the topic, but recently i've been having bad crackling noises whenever i plug in my bass.
i was freaking out, as its a new amp.. i thought i'd have to get a new amp or new guitar or at the very least new lead.. turned out i had a sh*tty chinese no-name battery in my bass that just needed changing.
lol!
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Protoplm Fri May 01, 2009 11:28 am

Same thing as Drakon, I had it on 5th fret A string, cept mine somewhat came back last night... guy at the shop couldn't tell me anything. I changed my strings inbetween there.
Protoplm
Protoplm

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Fri May 01, 2009 11:34 am

Hiya, Faceslide...

I've had loads of bass's that buzz in funny places all over the board. Sometimes, they just do, and it isn't down to any one particular reason.

I think the fact that it doesn't buzz through the amp should be comforting enough for you to not worry about it too much. Smile
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  Faceslide Fri May 01, 2009 4:30 pm

Yea, Its just a little obnoxious when im in a nice little melody and its interrupted by that irritating buzz. Ill cross my fingers that it will go away and keep practicing.
Thanks cats
Faceslide
Faceslide

Back to top Go down

Post  Faceslide Thu May 07, 2009 4:33 am

Yea its still going down so I think I may just go to a music shop and get them to look at it, Interrupts my playing to much for me to just over look it. That is unless I could just overwhelm it by turning up my amp.....not sure the neighbors would like that to much though.
Faceslide
Faceslide

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeLetterSyndrom Thu May 07, 2009 2:08 pm

I had this with 3th Fret on the E string, when I had just bought my bass. The guys at the music store adjusted the neck and it was fixed Wink

ThreeLetterSyndrom
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Faceslide Thu May 07, 2009 5:27 pm

Thanks LB2
And I did get it setup right after I got it from Musicians Friends but It seems to have come back with a vengeance and Im to poor to get it setup again. Ill see what I can figure out and tell you guys if I make any progress.
Faceslide
Faceslide

Back to top Go down

Post  Faceslide Fri May 08, 2009 8:57 pm

On another Related note (sorry Im harping on this so much, it could very well just be a Technique issue) does anyone else notice they get alot more buzz problems when using a pick ? I mean I enjoy the feel of finger picking more regardless but sometimes I need the speed of the pick (Parallel Universe) and It help, but then some of the notes just turn into buzzy mess's. Anyone else?
Faceslide
Faceslide

Back to top Go down

Post  Assad Thu May 21, 2009 2:15 am

i got alot of buzzing my e string :s it was irritating me, so i just plugged my headphones in and practised like that, took my mind off it cuz i could really hear the noise coming from the bass, thankfully it didnt come through the amp Very Happy

Assad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down