Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you guys use to practise at home?

+4
Fatgoogle
Cliff em' all
SuperMaximo93
Dmanlamius
8 posters

Go down

What do you guys use to practise at home? Empty What do you guys use to practise at home?

Post  Dmanlamius Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:03 pm

What do you guys use to practise at home?

I've just made this blog post:

http://mrlamius.blogspot.com/2009/08/what-can-i-use-to-practice-at-home.html

for a guy that asked the question. I was just wondering if you guys wanted to add to it. Especially you PC guys, who have a completely different insight...!

Very Happy
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

What do you guys use to practise at home? Empty Re: What do you guys use to practise at home?

Post  SuperMaximo93 Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:36 pm

I would use my line in jack, but it's screwed up atm Razz Dunno why, it just won't record... So I just use the mic that came with Guitar Hero if I want to record anything (if it's video I just settle with the camera mic). I'll probably get a USB or Firewire interface eventually, which will also be useful for band recording and stuff like that.
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

What do you guys use to practise at home? Empty Re: What do you guys use to practise at home?

Post  Cliff em' all Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:13 pm

Well usually i use my sony handycam for recorfding,but it doesn't records bass sound well.And that's a problem.What can i do? scratch
Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatgoogle Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:28 pm

Ill have to try this, ive never used a pc to help me practice. Is this solely for improving technique.

Fatgoogle

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:22 pm

I use a Focusrite Saffire audio interface for recording bass and such, I record into Cubase SX3 normally but I've been using Abelton 6 a lot more recently for some reason. I set up a channel in Cubase or Abelton running through Guitar Rig 2. For drums, I use a VSTi called Addictive Drums, there are loads of pre programmed realistic drum loops to practice with. I don't actually have a proper amp, i have a little practice amp which I use when not in the 'studio', but I have a nice pair of studio monitors to play through when I am. I was planning on writing up a tutorial on home recording aimed at bass players, how to record bass and process bass, mixing techniques etc. I studied sound engineering and music technology at college and I have loads of knowledge that I would be more than happy to pass on to everyone here if people would be interested in reading it. I will try not bore you with the science of it all, just easy to follow instructions etc. I may even write up a bit about going into a recording studio for those that are in bands, and what you should expect your engineer to do for you etc.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatgoogle Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:01 pm

Pastichio wrote:I use a Focusrite Saffire audio interface for recording bass and such, I record into Cubase SX3 normally but I've been using Abelton 6 a lot more recently for some reason. I set up a channel in Cubase or Abelton running through Guitar Rig 2. For drums, I use a VSTi called Addictive Drums, there are loads of pre programmed realistic drum loops to practice with. I don't actually have a proper amp, i have a little practice amp which I use when not in the 'studio', but I have a nice pair of studio monitors to play through when I am. I was planning on writing up a tutorial on home recording aimed at bass players, how to record bass and process bass, mixing techniques etc. I studied sound engineering and music technology at college and I have loads of knowledge that I would be more than happy to pass on to everyone here if people would be interested in reading it. I will try not bore you with the science of it all, just easy to follow instructions etc. I may even write up a bit about going into a recording studio for those that are in bands, and what you should expect your engineer to do for you etc.

Yes please, and the science bit i find very useful for actually knowing whats happening.

Fatgoogle

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:33 pm

Fatgoogle wrote:
Pastichio wrote:I use a Focusrite Saffire audio interface for recording bass and such, I record into Cubase SX3 normally but I've been using Abelton 6 a lot more recently for some reason. I set up a channel in Cubase or Abelton running through Guitar Rig 2. For drums, I use a VSTi called Addictive Drums, there are loads of pre programmed realistic drum loops to practice with. I don't actually have a proper amp, i have a little practice amp which I use when not in the 'studio', but I have a nice pair of studio monitors to play through when I am. I was planning on writing up a tutorial on home recording aimed at bass players, how to record bass and process bass, mixing techniques etc. I studied sound engineering and music technology at college and I have loads of knowledge that I would be more than happy to pass on to everyone here if people would be interested in reading it. I will try not bore you with the science of it all, just easy to follow instructions etc. I may even write up a bit about going into a recording studio for those that are in bands, and what you should expect your engineer to do for you etc.

Yes please, and the science bit i find very useful for actually knowing whats happening.

No bother then, I'll start something next week. I have some free time during the week as it may take me a bit of time to write.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:13 am

Great idea bud!

I have some ready-made posts on getting gigs, sending off demos as well. I reckon it might be a good idea if I start a "Band advice" forum in this forum...
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:00 am

I use an fender rumble 25 watt amp to practice.
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  blazed0wayz Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:29 am

i use a Ibanez gsr200 4 string bass and a Ibanez sm100 amp with a zoom bx1 multi effects pedal that has some nice drum beats on it.... to record i just use audacity and my pc laptop mic ( which quality sucks but it gets the job done with some tweekin)...... Very Happy
blazed0wayz
blazed0wayz

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliff em' all Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:38 am

I think i'm gonna have to buy a new microphone... scratch
Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:59 pm

Dmanlamius wrote:Great idea bud!

I have some ready-made posts on getting gigs, sending off demos as well. I reckon it might be a good idea if I start a "Band advice" forum in this forum...

Yea that sounds good, then I could post up separate topics in that forum rather than one big post on everything here. Then people can decide what they want to read.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliff em' all Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:54 am

Yeah it's good,but a bit expensive...

Btw the band advice forum would be very good.
Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down