Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh, just brilliant...

+3
SuperMaximo93
Smaz
Pippynip
7 posters

Go down

Oh, just brilliant... Empty Oh, just brilliant...

Post  Pippynip Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:24 pm

I've just gotten my very first bastard blister. At least I think it's a blister. All tingly when you press down on it, like a needle scraping across your skin.

Anyway, the point is it's surfaced at a very bad time. Tomorrow a few friends and I will be practicing for a performance on Thursday which apparently counts toward our A levels (we're doing seven nation army, cheers dman for giving me a headstart Smile ). So I absolutely have to do it, and I don't want to be gritting my teeth and missing notes throughout, so can anyone suggest a good short term remedy just to carry me through tomorrow, and will it have faded away by Thursday?

Apologies if this has been done before, I just wanted to present the scenario. Plus I don't want to play through it (is a little blister, but as previously stated I miss notes more often) and I don't have any superglue. Suppose I could get some, but I'm a messy bugger, something will end up going wrong Very Happy
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Oh, just brilliant... Empty Re: Oh, just brilliant...

Post  Smaz Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Hmm, they can take a few days to go down Sad Which finger is it? If it's on your playing hand, you could try using a pick or playing with one finger - Seven Nation Army isn't the most demanding song, so you could probably get through it with that. If it's on your fretting hand, then I haven't got a clue... lol!
Smaz
Smaz

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:42 pm

What I did when I used to get blisters was pop them with a needle, get all the blister juice (lol Razz) out, then wrap my finger in tape, and bear the pain. There wasn't much pain at all as the tape protected my finger from the rough strings. I don't know if that was the best thing to do though lol!
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackF89 Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:25 pm

tape or glue x]
BlackF89
BlackF89

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:23 pm

SUPERGLUE
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:03 pm

SuperMaximo93 wrote:What I did when I used to get blisters was pop them with a needle

I wouldn't recommend this, due to the risk of causing more problems than it's worth... cyclops
Smaz
Smaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:44 pm

Yeah it's the ol' pointer finger on my fretting hand. Think I'll go with the tape suggestions, thanks y'all Smile

Also the basses at school absolutely suck, they're always out of tune and the fret buzz is abysmal. The leads are rubbish too. Only good thing is that there are two bass amps and a lead splitter... Very Happy
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:37 pm

use a pick maybe?
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:41 pm

That wouldn't make any difference, the blister's on my fretting hand Smile. Also tape appears to not want to stick to me, so I'll have to go with superglue. Expect another "Oh, just brilliant" thread tomorrow where I tell you all that I stuck my finger to a bass string lol!
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:04 pm

probably too late on this lol. But you could just not use your index, Seven Nation Army isn't that hard, you could probably pull if off just using one finger and sliding between the notes.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:11 pm

Yep, about 6 hours too late Razz

Anyway the blister has gone down considerably. I completely forgot to use superglue, but 'cause I'd kept me finger away from everything (I'm typing with my middle finger even now) it wasn't even slightly painful. Pippynip 1, side-effect of too much bass 0.
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:19 pm

Your fingers won't blister after a few years of playing. I haven't had a blister in years,I have hard callused fingertips now
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down