Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bass Notes

+2
Stryfer
de_fender
6 posters

Go down

Bass Notes Empty Bass Notes

Post  de_fender Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:25 am

sup peeps!
so heres the deal, i can read tabs and notes but i read notes better for example

B E A (x2) <- that is what i can read best but i carnt find any of the songs that i love - especially greenday with the bass lines written like this HELP PLEASE Very Happy
de_fender
de_fender

Back to top Go down

Bass Notes Empty Re: Bass Notes

Post  Stryfer Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:20 am

It's really hard to find information like that...
If you are refering to the chords though, just check for a guitar tab. Most of the time it'll be lyrics with chords above them.
If by notes you meant sheet music, forget it. The only way to find that is on Guitar Pro tabs, unless your looking for very old classics.

You could get notes out of the tab. At least 90% of the popular songs will have the bass start the bar with the note that corresponds to the chord, i.e. if it starts with a 5th fret on A (D), it means that the whole bar can filled with just D no matter what is played later, or it can be improvised with something related to that D. In complicated music this is not the case, but Green Day is very simple.

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post  de_fender Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:53 am

yeah sorry chords is what i meant. i just carnt find green day stuff written like that anywhere..even on ultimate-guitar.com . i carnt find it it sucks
de_fender
de_fender

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:22 am

Have you tried looking for a book?

Download Guitar pro, Its fairly easy to get your hands on..

and heres a wonderful site with the cords -

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/search.php?title=greenday&page=1&order=myweight&order_mode=DESC&type=500

They have many greenday songs.

download the file... open it on guitar pro... and you should have the cords.
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:28 am

Guitar pro is still more notes and tabs than chords.
Check out this link http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/green_day_tabs.htm
I'm not sure how you can't find it. It says chords right there all the way to the right.

Like I said, the chords are for the guitar part, but you probably know that the bass part uses the same ones XD
Only in jazz would they differ or other very complex music.

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:31 am

But dont you have the option to change it to tabs or chords? Im sure you do.

but yeah they do chords on that site too ^^
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:57 am

On second thoughts, stryfers right I prolly am talking shit haha
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  FranR Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:03 pm

What I usually do with guitar pro is list the chords that I use in the tabs at the top of the page and after that refer to them in the text right above the notes. It's not the same but you get a basic idea pretty fast that way.
FranR
FranR

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:45 pm

Hey akyra, can guitar pro really do that? Change the tabs and or notes to chords? Or are they just listed at the top? If it's possible to switch to chords, please tell me how XD It's easier than trying to figure out what chords are used based on all the stuff that's played.

I haven't explored the chord aspect of the program so I may not be aware of all the features Smile

Oh, and just because I say something doesn't make it law, that's Dman's job Wink hehe

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post  FranR Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:35 pm

Not sure if it can; but you can use the chord tool to place the proper chords in the tab instruction/notation.
FranR
FranR

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeLetterSyndrom Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:21 pm

I recommend you learn to identify notes as they're written down: on clef. It's much easier to read, as you don't have to convert in your head.

ThreeLetterSyndrom
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackF89 Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:50 pm

ThreeLetterSyndrom wrote:I recommend you learn to identify notes as they're written down: on clef. It's much easier to read, as you don't have to convert in your head.
He's a wise man, you should listen to him... It takes like 10 minutes to learn to read notation
BlackF89
BlackF89

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeLetterSyndrom Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:01 pm

BlackF89 wrote:
ThreeLetterSyndrom wrote:I recommend you learn to identify notes as they're written down: on clef. It's much easier to read, as you don't have to convert in your head.
He's a wise man, you should listen to him... It takes like 10 minutes to learn to read notation
Thanks.
...and many hours to become fluent.

ThreeLetterSyndrom
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  de_fender Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:07 pm

thanks everyone!!
de_fender
de_fender

Back to top Go down