Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was the first song you learned to play?

+38
likeomgitspete
willba
rusty
xXMaliceXx
Musicman_Hernan
yimmy
kakariko-tramp
Dr.punk
Spoon
Dylan hergs
ArniVidar
Rushfan30
Dizzae
Dropthelines585
Cliff em' all
Pastichio
stefk0
Assad
bikerbrianpunk
Faceslide
HBMDave
Lassepetri
Guzco
Smaz
Malastare
keizer
McSnuggles
Fuzzy
Dr.Sterni
Dmanlamius
Scooter123
Zephyr
mts
SuperMaximo93
ThreeLetterSyndrom
general lee
Drakon7
Protoplm
42 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What was the first song you learned to play? Empty What was the first song you learned to play?

Post  Protoplm Mon May 18, 2009 2:12 pm

First song I ever really looked at and tried to play was RHCP - Suck My Kiss Very Happy.

First song I could play all the way through was Skillet - Comatose.
Protoplm
Protoplm

Back to top Go down

What was the first song you learned to play? Empty Re: What was the first song you learned to play?

Post  Drakon7 Mon May 18, 2009 2:19 pm

First it should be said, that smoke on the water DOES NOT COUNT in this thread Razz

Woot, Crazy Train Intro!
Ha, thats worse.

Okay okay. Bulls on Parade, RATM

Whole way through..

Rock You Like A Mother****ing HURRICANE XD

HERE I AMM *bwamp bwamp,bwamp, bwamp bwamp*

What a thrillride that song is!
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

What was the first song you learned to play? Empty Re: What was the first song you learned to play?

Post  Protoplm Mon May 18, 2009 2:36 pm

Drakon7 wrote:
Woot, Crazy Train Intro!

I didn't learn that till my 4th month or so Razz.. never really tried it till then.

Last edited by Protoplm on Mon May 18, 2009 6:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Protoplm
Protoplm

Back to top Go down

Post  general lee Mon May 18, 2009 3:53 pm

It was probably Back in Black by Acca Dacca.
general lee
general lee

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeLetterSyndrom Mon May 18, 2009 4:11 pm

This is the Place by RHCP. Not too hard to play all the way through, it's the same riff over and over xD

ThreeLetterSyndrom
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Mon May 18, 2009 4:29 pm

Creep by Radiohead. First one on Dman's 'how to play'! Smile
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  mts Mon May 18, 2009 4:55 pm

No idea what was first song on bass. Cause at the time i was already on a band and we mostly played our own songs. But first song on guitar was nothing else matter.
mts
mts

Back to top Go down

Post  Zephyr Mon May 18, 2009 8:21 pm

SuperMaximo93 wrote:Creep by Radiohead. First one on Dman's 'how to play'! Smile

Same here!!

Followed by "Possum Kingdom" by the Toadies.
Zephyr
Zephyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooter123 Mon May 18, 2009 10:38 pm

i learned a bunch of riffs and stuff, but the first full song i learned was power of equality from the chilis
Scooter123
Scooter123

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Mon May 18, 2009 10:39 pm

SuperMaximo93 wrote:Creep by Radiohead. First one on Dman's 'how to play'! Smile

Strange that! That's the first song I learnt to play as well!

Very Happy
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Sterni Mon May 18, 2009 10:44 pm

that war your FIRST????

OMG...

I was listening to the whole Blood Sugar... album today for the first time ever (as I'm trying to play two of the songs already, Unter the bridge and Sir Psycho). When I was listening for this song I just thought "whoooooo... thanks god that the other two i'm playing are so much easier" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I could never, ever play that stuff... not yet... maybe later.
Dr.Sterni
Dr.Sterni

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooter123 Mon May 18, 2009 10:53 pm

it really isnt that hard, once you practice each part some it all fits together. the one tricky part for me is the little envelope filter solo in the middle, it has a weird slapping pattern with mutes that are difficult to get right. but besides that its pretty easy. sir psyco sexy is easy to play, but i am still trying to get the sound from my q-tron + pedal for it its maddening how difficult it is to get the right sound lol
Scooter123
Scooter123

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Tue May 19, 2009 12:02 am

yeah creep was my first too cheers
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  McSnuggles Tue May 19, 2009 12:48 am

Stand By Me. I learned the bassline on guitar before I even played. Razz

First one after I had started playing bass... I think Come Together.
McSnuggles
McSnuggles

Back to top Go down

Post  keizer Tue May 19, 2009 5:32 am

I know its kind of a lame one

U2- with or without you
keizer
keizer

Back to top Go down

Post  Malastare Tue May 19, 2009 8:49 pm

The first song I can remember playing through properly on the bass was "Dedicated Follower Of Fashion", the classic Kinks song.
Malastare
Malastare

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Tue May 19, 2009 9:12 pm

They seek him here....they seek him there....
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  Malastare Tue May 19, 2009 9:30 pm

One of my absolute dreams is to realise Ray Davies' vision and play that song at a Tory Prime Minister as he leaves Downing Street. Guerrilla punk band satire attack!
Malastare
Malastare

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Tue May 19, 2009 9:38 pm

Ha Ha, Awesome!

I was gonna do a bass lesson of Sunny afternoon ages ago, but I didn't think many younger people would know who the kinks were! Sad

Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  Malastare Tue May 19, 2009 9:41 pm

everyone knows the Kinks, surely? In my mind they are musical touchstones.
Malastare
Malastare

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz Tue May 19, 2009 9:44 pm

LESSON, NOW.

Thanks.

I love The Kinks.... Smile
Smaz
Smaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guzco Wed May 20, 2009 1:26 am

It was Metallica - For whom the bell tolls.
After getting the intro down the rest was pretty easy to learn at the time.
Guzco
Guzco

Back to top Go down

Post  Lassepetri Wed May 20, 2009 9:14 am

radiohead - creep. easypiecy
Lassepetri
Lassepetri

Back to top Go down

Post  HBMDave Wed May 20, 2009 10:13 am

Sunshine of your love, the Yardbirds closely followed by Hey Joe.
HBMDave
HBMDave

Back to top Go down

Post  Faceslide Wed May 20, 2009 5:28 pm

Waiting Room-Fugazi
It has a really distinctive bass line

*edit*

Thats the second band and counting Ive been introduced to by the forum that I've Loved
1. Robert Randolph
2. The Kinks
3. .....who knows?!
Faceslide
Faceslide

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next