Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was the most useful piece of advice you've ever gotten?

+26
uglymutt
caliburn50
Pippynip
Late2bass
Some freaky guy
akyra
Blackdragon
Fuzzy
Stryfer
DubHertz
BassistMcKay
Dylan hergs
Garth
BlackF89
Dropthelines585
MET@LBASS
maxf13
SuperMaximo93
Spoon
WNx3fed
Pastichio
Cliff em' all
ThreeLetterSyndrom
Drakon7
Dmanlamius
Protoplm
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What was the most useful piece of advice you've ever gotten? - Page 2 Empty Re: What was the most useful piece of advice you've ever gotten?

Post  Fuzzy Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:04 pm

This really got me thinking..
Not safe for the kiddies.
Wink

Spoiler:
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

What was the most useful piece of advice you've ever gotten? - Page 2 Empty Re: What was the most useful piece of advice you've ever gotten?

Post  BlackF89 Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:11 pm

Fuzzy wrote:This really got me thinking..
Not safe for the kiddies.
Wink

Spoiler:

classic. +1
BlackF89
BlackF89

Back to top Go down

Post  DubHertz Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:34 pm

Say no to drugs and alcohol and always wear a condom.

YEAH RIGHT!!! Twisted Evil
DubHertz
DubHertz

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackdragon Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:54 pm

Going to be legit here, mine is from my father;
'Don't go in for the money, make sure you do what you enjoy because you'll be doing it for the next 25 years.'
He told me it relateing to work, but the idea can be applyed to alot of things.

Last edited by Blackdragon on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackdragon
Blackdragon

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:01 pm

This is all really good advise guys..

Wish I could think of some example the now.....

Keep em coming XD Im taking them all on board
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Some freaky guy Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:24 pm

It's a tie between "Don't panic" and "Stick a fish in your ear to understand more languages".
Some freaky guy
Some freaky guy
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  BassistMcKay Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:25 pm

Some freaky guy wrote:It's a tie between "Don't panic" and "Stick a fish in your ear to understand more languages".
Hitchhikers FTW!
BassistMcKay
BassistMcKay

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:46 pm

Here's something my father told me once:
I kept getting annoyed at how my bass clicked too much. All I've heard up till then was that clear pure sound so I tried to avoid the clicks. When he heard them he said: "That could be a good sound if you learn to control it." The truth behind those words is "anything can sound good if it's played right." A pure example of this would be Dman's Something Metal vid. A broken DS-1 for the guitar and yet it sounds awesomeon the bass!

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Late2bass Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:56 pm

How 'bout.....

"Once you have pure and sincere motives...all the rest follows"

The Dalai Llama

study

Very Happy

Late2bass

Back to top Go down

Post  BassistMcKay Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:23 pm

Late2bass wrote:How 'bout.....

"Once you have pure and sincere motives...all the rest follows"

The Dalai Llama

study

Very Happy

Ooo deep and moving, while mysteriously vague. Sounds like the Dalai Llama to me!
BassistMcKay
BassistMcKay

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:42 pm

BassistMcKay wrote:
Some freaky guy wrote:It's a tie between "Don't panic" and "Stick a fish in your ear to understand more languages".
Hitchhikers FTW!

+1
cause the hitchikers guide to the galaxy is awesome
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  Late2bass Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:06 pm

Continuing a theme....

"Life, don't talk to me about life! Brain the size of a planet and you ask me to open a door! Do you know it really hurts me to think down to your level!"

Marvin, the paranoid android.

Deep meaningful and oh so profound.

Steve

Late2bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Some freaky guy Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:26 pm

Late2bass wrote:Continuing a theme....

"Life, don't talk to me about life! Brain the size of a planet and you ask me to open a door! Do you know it really hurts me to think down to your level!"

Marvin, the paranoid android.

Marvin... Gotta love him <3
Some freaky guy
Some freaky guy
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:33 pm

"Please do not press this button again"
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:22 pm

"For God's sake, don't end up like my brother"
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Some freaky guy Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:26 pm

Just got another one.

"Survive, or I'll kill you"
Some freaky guy
Some freaky guy
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:34 pm

By the way, this is in the Bass chat section, so please keep the advice associated with bass or music Smile
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  caliburn50 Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:48 pm

When I told the brother-in-law I'd got the bass he said "well you've got 12 months to get it right as you playing at a 60'th birthday party"

Then after picking myself of the floor he told me to just make sure i had fun playing it cheers
caliburn50
caliburn50

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:21 pm

My best piece of bass advice probably came from one of my friends. We were all discussing local bands, and apparently the bassist in one of them is a complete tosser. Arrogance without the skills to back it up. And my friend just said to me "Don't end up like him".
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  uglymutt Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:06 am

Keep at it.
Play when the Bass Drum Plays (easy way to write a simple but good bassline)
uglymutt
uglymutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:17 pm

Long ago when I started with music somebody told me "Music without notes might be achieved, but not without keeping the time".

I am haunted with that tip. lol
Nocturnal_Pulse
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  SHRIIIIIMPBoats Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:26 pm

Have fun!

Oh, and make sure to have your technique down from the beginning.

SHRIIIIIMPBoats

Back to top Go down

Post  Mashley Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:18 pm

Always butter the toast right to the corners because the middle doesn't really matter - My big sis

Not music related I know but it's true!

Another one..

If at first you dont succeed at least you give it a go and didn't stay sat on your a*$e

Mashley

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:21 pm

Mashley wrote:Always butter the toast right to the corners because the middle doesn't really matter - My big sis

I like that one ^^ Although I dont do it, Crusts are great with or without butter mmm
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  SyneRRR Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:12 pm

I'm two months late! but the best piece of advice I ever got was.

" Boy, you can play any instrument you like, but you wont be able to play any music with them instruments if ya' don't got the feeling inside you! " Said an old Man in New Orleans!
SyneRRR
SyneRRR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2