Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Effects of Music

+3
Cliff em' all
Pastichio
willba
7 posters

Go down

Effects of Music Empty Effects of Music

Post  willba Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:32 am

I was just posting to mention the mindset that some music puts you in, for example I need to write aload of coursework at the moment and Im getting easily distracted, but then i started listening to Queens of the stone age and i started working really well.

So what im asking is, can anyone recommend any similar pro-working music because I got loads to do!

Also i would like to hear about other similar stories about the mood some music puts you in ^^

Cheers
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Effects of Music Empty Re: Effects of Music

Post  Pastichio Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:17 am

Vivaldi's Four Seasons really helped me out when I was studying. I couldn't listen to rock music when studying, too distracting, but classical music does help. I think its because of the way classical music is constructed that helps focus the mind.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliff em' all Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:17 pm

I read somewhere that opera helpsthe ,=mind understand new thing,and makes us mor eclever. scratch
Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:00 pm

yea its the reason why people play Mozart to newborns before they sleep.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rushfan30 Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:53 am

I kinda found the same thing. When I'm listening to music with lyrics I like I get distracted. Instrumentals are great! Classical, Jazz, or Rock instrumentals all seem to work fairly well. I have listened to instrumentals that distract me too though. I'd be listening to a Rush instrumental or Joe Satriani, and I'll be like, " Thats amazing how does he do that"? Then I'll loose complete focus. So it should be something you enjoy, but not something amazing ( If its amazing I loose focus). Well, thats what I find most the time anyways Razz
afro
Rushfan30
Rushfan30

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:46 pm

Acoustic and some Folk is for me.

I fomd myself listening to alot of City and Colour. Which people in the office get confused at when I turn up at work in a metal shirt depicting people dying or something, and then bust out mellow, calming tunes.

City and Colour, definitely

No bass, I know, some songs on the newer album, but nothing special. But its still amazing

Two albums City and Colour has
Sometimes - Just him and his guitar, nothing else. Very intimate album, some beautiful songs - Fave Song : Save Your Scissors
Bring Me Your Love - Some beautiful songs, not intimate at all, like he is singing away from you instead of at you, More stringed instruments other then guitar, different altogether to Sometimes, but its good. Favourite Songs : The Girl, Waiting, Confessions
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:51 pm

Jazz and Classical are definitely ones that work for me. Jazz gets me in a very focused state of mind. I like listening to it when I'm doing stuff around the house or writing .
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliff em' all Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:57 pm

Well the music that relaxes me.for example when i want to sleep,is death metal.Yeah.But for reading i usually prefer instumentals or jazz,soul,and some classic rock
Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rushfan30 Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:02 am

I know this kind of an old topic but, I found someone really good to listen to while doing homework/ essays, or what have you. Marcus Miller!
Rushfan30
Rushfan30

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackF89 Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:05 am

Soul music for me, people like Bobby Womack etc
BlackF89
BlackF89

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content