Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

multi effects vs. individual pedals

+9
Dropthelines585
Late2bass
DubHertz
f8tlbyte
danthewelshy
mts
TBGrunf
Trav221
david2545
13 posters

Go down

multi effects vs. individual pedals Empty multi effects vs. individual pedals

Post  david2545 Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:43 pm

hey i have been using some of my friends effects lately i just wondered what u think is better individual effect or a multi effects pedal ?

david.
david2545
david2545

Back to top Go down

multi effects vs. individual pedals Empty Re: multi effects vs. individual pedals

Post  Trav221 Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:21 am

I currently have a ODB-3 Boss Overdrive pedal and a DOD FX65 stereo chorus pedal that both work with my bass. I'm not really sure which I prefer, but I've seen some nice multi-effects pedals in stores where you can "layer" the effects and have more than one on at a time.

Trav221

Back to top Go down

multi effects vs. individual pedals Empty Re: multi effects vs. individual pedals

Post  TBGrunf Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:11 pm

I have Zoom b2.1.u multi effects at the moment... I also tried some individual effects I took from friend..
I'm playing bass for 2.. 3 months now and multi is just fine for me.. But as my playing will develop I'm sure I will buy individual...
TBGrunf
TBGrunf

Back to top Go down

Post  mts Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:42 pm

I had line6 bass pod the reaylly first one but the i got rid of it cause i relly dint use that so much. On that thing there was all kinda stuff but i really dint need any of that stuff. Now its clean sound and for distortion i use big muff russion sovtek version which is bit modified. And now i have been wanting wah for sometime and i think G-LAB Bass WOWEE-WAH would be cool!
mts
mts

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:31 am

TBGrunf wrote:I have Zoom b2.1.u multi effects at the moment... I also tried some individual effects I took from friend..
I'm playing bass for 2.. 3 months now and multi is just fine for me.. But as my playing will develop I'm sure I will buy individual...

I also have the zoom b2.1u and its very good, some of the effects sound a bit crappy but it is pretty awsome, some good drum loops to jam along to and some cool effects.
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  f8tlbyte Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:29 am

Going to have to side with D'man on the Korg pandora being the cats meow. It is pure awesome in a box. I still have individual flanger and chorus pedals, but I dont think I'll be using them for awhile.
f8tlbyte
f8tlbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  DubHertz Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:54 am

Behringer Bass V-Amp Pro - swiss army knife
DubHertz
DubHertz

Back to top Go down

Post  Late2bass Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:14 pm

I've got the Boss B2 as well and found it good for all sorts of weird and wonderful sounds, but I tend to use my Behringer overdrive pedal only now...gives a real gutsy load of distortion when playing stuff like 'New Divide' by Linkin Park!

Steve Cool

Late2bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:55 pm

You can easily mix multis and singles. Why not have both?
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:48 pm

I don't like multis because they digitize the sound a bit too much. I admit, I haven't tried the expensive ones, but I would still prefer a line of independent pedals as that would make it easier to mix and adjust the sound.

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:50 am

Stryfer wrote:I don't like multis because they digitize the sound a bit too much. I admit, I haven't tried the expensive ones, but I would still prefer a line of independent pedals as that would make it easier to mix and adjust the sound.
+1
My old Korg sucked/changed my tone a bit. My bass sounded punchier going direct into the amp rather than through the multi. Plus the effects weren't that great, they were pretty good, but my individual fuzz and od pedals sound a lot better and are more versatile...
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Protoplm Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:27 am

SuperMaximo93 wrote:
Stryfer wrote:I don't like multis because they digitize the sound a bit too much. I admit, I haven't tried the expensive ones, but I would still prefer a line of independent pedals as that would make it easier to mix and adjust the sound.
+1
My old Korg sucked/changed my tone a bit. My bass sounded punchier going direct into the amp rather than through the multi. Plus the effects weren't that great, they were pretty good, but my individual fuzz and od pedals sound a lot better and are more versatile...

Individual pedals would generally cost alot more though if you're like me and are really obsessed with Justin Chancellor style pedal boards..
Protoplm
Protoplm

Back to top Go down

Post  KrysH Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:30 am

I have the Zoom B2 - it's pretty good once you get into doing your own effects setups - some of the presets are a bit over the top!

Also I find with the Zooms - I have the A2u as well and the old electric guitar one too - if you use too much compression you get an irritating hissing noise with each note.
KrysH
KrysH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down