Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is it worth trying a short scale bass?

3 posters

Go down

is it worth trying a short scale bass? Empty is it worth trying a short scale bass?

Post  outonfoot Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:48 pm

Dman, guys and galls.

just a quick query to throw out to you all (very similar to the broken fingers post)

i have been playing bass on and off for around 5 years i'm not that good but like making noise!!! but since getting back into it i broke the knuckle on my left hand and the movement is limited in my pinky.

i struggled on some of the longer stretches before but now is a nightmare! and my speed around the fretboard is suffering.

would it be worth me trying a short scale bass, and maybe reducing the space my poor pinky has to travel.

Any input/advice/tips would be appreciated.

Cheers

PS Dman, awesome site, my noise making has come along in leaps and bounds since i started following your lessons. Your a top bloke and an awesome bass player. keep it up fella!!

outonfoot

Back to top Go down

is it worth trying a short scale bass? Empty Re: is it worth trying a short scale bass?

Post  McSnuggles Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:58 pm

I say go for it... but I don't really know anything about short scale basses so someone who does should really answer this. In fact I didn't know they existed. Razz
McSnuggles
McSnuggles

Back to top Go down

is it worth trying a short scale bass? Empty Re: is it worth trying a short scale bass?

Post  SuperMaximo93 Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:31 pm

As I say all the time, try before you buy in most cases. If you find short scale basses are easier to play without sacrificing tone (I've read that they have a more boomy, bassy tone) then go for it! Ideally people should go for normal scale but you don't really want to mess up your hand or anything with that pinky
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down