Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are some good bass solos you can learn?

+10
uglymutt
Pastichio
mts
Guzco
willba
Dmanlamius
Cliff em' all
SuperMaximo93
Dylan hergs
ZOOMAR
14 posters

Go down

What are some good bass solos you can learn? Empty What are some good bass solos you can learn?

Post  ZOOMAR Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:56 am

So first time poster and I started about 2 months ago. I was just wondering, besides bass lines, what are some bass solos that I could hope to learn in about three months?

Also post any bass solos you guys like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piAOXND2vKw (Tetsuo Sakurai)

ZOOMAR

Back to top Go down

What are some good bass solos you can learn? Empty Re: What are some good bass solos you can learn?

Post  Dylan hergs Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:15 am

this is an awesome solo its pretty hard though in bits but its awesome,
theres a video down the bottom to click on =)
http://www.slappyto.net/Cours/Voir-Cours.aspx?id=77
its not very long though lol
Dylan hergs
Dylan hergs

Back to top Go down

What are some good bass solos you can learn? Empty Re: What are some good bass solos you can learn?

Post  SuperMaximo93 Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:01 am

The Awakening by the Reddings = epic win Very Happy

SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliff em' all Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:43 pm

For a guy that plays for 2 months is Insects and angels by papa roach. Very Happy
Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:10 pm

I was considering doing a lesson on the solo to "Aeroplane" by the Chili's....
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

What are some good bass solos you can learn? Empty What are some good bass solos you can learn?

Post  willba Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:10 pm

Im trying to learn Aeroplane! Ive learnt the intro and a bit of the slap bit Very Happy

Its the next level of slapping after higher ground
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:42 pm

I've just taught the whole thing to a real-life student of mine, so it's pretty much good to go....

Smile
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  willba Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:49 pm

Yeah i could do with some help, the notes im playing on the verse r wrong I think Sad
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  ZOOMAR Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:12 pm

That Reddings video is so awesome.

ZOOMAR

Back to top Go down

Post  Guzco Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:13 pm

Guzco
Guzco

Back to top Go down

Post  mts Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:35 pm

This would be something to learn.
mts
mts

Back to top Go down

Post  Dylan hergs Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:05 am

Dmanlamius wrote:I was considering doing a lesson on the solo to "Aeroplane" by the Chili's....
o o yes please! i was listening to that thinking i should learn that today!
Dylan hergs
Dylan hergs

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:31 pm

Guzco wrote:

was going to suggest this actually. Its my favourite bass solo, a good challenge to learn and it really helps free up your fingers. Its the first thing I play when I pick up the bass actually.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:00 pm

Guzco wrote:

As soon as my left hand/wrist get better (Crying or Very sad) I've gotta learn this!!! Very Happy
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:06 pm

SuperMaximo93 wrote:
Guzco wrote:

As soon as my left hand/wrist get better (Crying or Very sad) I've gotta learn this!!! Very Happy

you should, its a great one to learn. The entire song is a real challenge to learn, but the solo by itself is the most fun.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  uglymutt Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:39 am

Talkin' 'Bout My Generation - The Who
A good bass solo to start with
uglymutt
uglymutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Protoplm Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:50 am

Tool - The Pot
Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills
Metallica - Orion (The second solo. The song consists of 2 solos and the interlude which dman teaches part of)

Those are some that I really enjoy playing/listening to
Protoplm
Protoplm

Back to top Go down

Post  Spoon Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:02 pm

A nice easy one is the chain solo by fleetwood mac. it's a solo but a very easy one.
Spoon
Spoon

Back to top Go down

Post  mosaicpao Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:47 am

for pick users, isuggest the intro in the song “carousel” by blink182 the chesire cat version. its very simple but it sounds good...

mosaicpao

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:51 am

I love playing that song
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down