Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this a good bass?

+6
f8tlbyte
spacedraptor
akyra
SuperMaximo93
Fuzzy
jmaiurro
10 posters

Go down

Is this a good bass? Empty Is this a good bass?

Post  jmaiurro Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:21 am

Hey guys, I was just wondering if this is a good bass for the price of it, and if there are any decent basses for around this price range!

http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/3695/

Thanks
jmaiurro
jmaiurro

Back to top Go down

Is this a good bass? Empty Re: Is this a good bass?

Post  Fuzzy Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:59 am

I've heard good things about the squiers, especially the classic vibe.
It looks pretty good price-wise, but i'm not entirely sure.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:57 am

Yes. Buy it. Apparently the Classic Vibe range of basses are some of Squier's best. Here's Ed Friedland's video comparison with the whole range comparing them to real Fenders, and the CVs sound really close to the Fenders! Smile

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:47 am

Are you buying it off the internet?
Maybe see if your local music shop has one similar so you can try it out.. I never trust buying things like that online at that price without trying it out first D:
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  spacedraptor Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:03 pm

What can i say man. Like women one mans meat is another mans poison. Try the bass before you buy it, I'm a bit of a speed freak on the bass so i like the jazz model basses over precision types mainly because the neck is thiner and narrower, plus i find the two split jazz pickups at the bridge and neck give a great spectrum of sound.

If your just starting out all i can say is it's much better than the bass i learnt on (Man that Neck was a tree trunk with pickups attached,) it's weight was more than two cars welded together, but i still learnt to play, it's all about your passion and desire to play, not gear really. hope this helps.

spacedraptor

Back to top Go down

Post  f8tlbyte Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:18 pm

When I was looking at getting a new bass, I considered a classic vibe. I for one didn't like it, not saying you wouldn't but it wasnt for me. For a little more I'd suggest a Schecter Stiletto Linky.
f8tlbyte
f8tlbyte

Back to top Go down

Is this a good bass? Empty i have a fender squier jazz bass deluxe

Post  blacksunshine Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:00 pm

It has active pickups with a slap switch (toggle). I only paid 300.00 for it at guitar center. But before i bought it i played all the basses they had. I found out that 4,000.00 ones some times sound worse then 200.00 dollar one. Always play them first!!!!!!! I found a bass that sounded awsome it was a DEANS EDGE for around 160.00 with active pickups you might want to look at.

blacksunshine

Back to top Go down

Post  jmaiurro Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:33 pm

Alright guys, thanks alot for the tips! im still looking around for a nice bass that isnt too much, has anybody here ever tried a Fleabass?
jmaiurro
jmaiurro

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:35 pm

Never tried one, but I've read that the construction quality is pretty poor
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackF89 Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:13 pm

There's an awesome dude on YT that plays one a lot, but I've heard the CQ is s**t on them too
BlackF89
BlackF89

Back to top Go down

Post  spacedraptor Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:03 pm

Signiture instruments are always going to be poor, just due to the fact they are designed to someone else's idea of what a good bass is.

That may be great for them not so great for you maybe they have stubby lil fingers, but that won't help you if you have piano fingers.

any moderate bass will do you if you play it first and you like the feel and sound of it who cares who played it first.

spacedraptor

Back to top Go down

Post  murphy Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:15 pm

i have that bass and i personally think its equal to a mexican jazz but i also got mine about 100 bucks less because of a huge gash on the side
murphy
murphy

Back to top Go down

Post  jmaiurro Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:24 pm

hmm, what would be better to buy, an Ibanez SR300, or the Squier?
jmaiurro
jmaiurro

Back to top Go down

Post  Spoon Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:29 pm

I would highly reccomend trying each first and seeing wha works for you. I tried an Ibanez and didn't like it, I also tried some other small brand instruments that were said to be really good, I hated them and picked up a standard series Squier which I loved the tone and feel of the instrument.
Spoon
Spoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down