Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digitech BP200 or my bass guitar?

3 posters

Go down

Digitech BP200 or my bass guitar? Empty Digitech BP200 or my bass guitar?

Post  leora667 Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:28 pm

Does anyone here have one? Just curious because I am having issues with it. Or at least the problem may be with the BP200. I got it not too long ago and I was really excited because I also got a Musicman Sterling Ray 34 a while ago too. When I plugged it up, it wasn't really producing much sound. The sound would fade in and out frequently. I though maybe it was the faulty speaker cables but when I bought a new one I got the same result. I switched bass guitars and it worked fine with my J-bass. I feel like maybe there is something up with my MM but I'm still not sure because it's brand new. Whenever I plug my MM into to my amp it I get sound but when I try to use the BP200 with my MM I get bad results. Can anyone give any troubleshooting tips or anything? Do you think its the bass or the BP200?
leora667
leora667

Back to top Go down

Digitech BP200 or my bass guitar? Empty Re: Digitech BP200 or my bass guitar?

Post  MetalJacob Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:09 pm

The Music Man has an active preamp, doesn't it? Sounds like it could be your battery that's gone out, but I don't know why it'd work without the pedal.
MetalJacob
MetalJacob

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:46 am

If it has an active preamp, don't those things send out stronger signals?
Maybe the pedal settings that work for a J-bass are not adequate for something active...

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post  leora667 Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:24 pm

So the problem may be the preamp? Okay I'll try to do some more figuring out. Thanks guys.

Edit: I just tried it, after I removed the battery, it finally worked with the pedal! I am super happy now. Thanks for the help you two. Very Happy
leora667
leora667

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down