Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bass Wah

4 posters

Go down

Bass Wah Empty Bass Wah

Post  Pastichio Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:23 pm

I'm contemplating getting a wah pedal for the bass, more for mucking around than for any practical use with the band or anything. Was just wondering if anyone uses wah on the bass?
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Bass Wah Empty Re: Bass Wah

Post  danthewelshy Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:37 pm

I don't really no. But I would advise stay away from the ashdown envelope filter, theres just not enough change in it when you switch it on. From what i've listened to the boss auto-wah sounds ok and there are alot of other good options to choose from which im sure you will hear about soon i've just forgotten the names of them. Q-tron or something?
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dizzae Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:41 pm

My roommate plays guitar and I nicked his crybaby a while back, it's really fun to dick around with!
Dizzae
Dizzae

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:44 pm

danthewelshy wrote:I don't really no. But I would advise stay away from the ashdown envelope filter, theres just not enough change in it when you switch it on. From what i've listened to the boss auto-wah sounds ok and there are alot of other good options to choose from which im sure you will hear about soon i've just forgotten the names of them. Q-tron or something?

I'm not going to get an auto wah, I'm looking into getting a Dunlop Crybaby Bass wah.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:45 pm

Pastichio wrote:
danthewelshy wrote:I don't really no. But I would advise stay away from the ashdown envelope filter, theres just not enough change in it when you switch it on. From what i've listened to the boss auto-wah sounds ok and there are alot of other good options to choose from which im sure you will hear about soon i've just forgotten the names of them. Q-tron or something?

I'm not going to get an auto wah, I'm looking into getting a Dunlop Crybaby Bass wah.

I see. I'll stay out of this as I don't have a clue then Razz

Max I think will know more about what your after
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:39 pm

danthewelshy wrote:Max I think will know more about what your after
Lol, effects dude am I? Razz Smile

Some envelope filters (aka auto wah) allow you to plug in an expression pedal so you can use them as a manual wah. The Electro Harmonix Enigma lets you do this... This might give you more versatility.

For a stand alone pedal I think the Dunlop Bass wah would be a good idea as you say, another choice is the G-labs bass Wowee-wah pedal, demoed by MarloweDK:

Sounds pretty epic Very Happy Personally, I'd get the Wowee, it sounds amazing to me!
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:07 pm

SuperMaximo93 wrote:
danthewelshy wrote:Max I think will know more about what your after
Lol, effects dude am I? Razz Smile

Some envelope filters (aka auto wah) allow you to plug in an expression pedal so you can use them as a manual wah. The Electro Harmonix Enigma lets you do this... This might give you more versatility.

For a stand alone pedal I think the Dunlop Bass wah would be a good idea as you say, another choice is the G-labs bass Wowee-wah pedal, demoed by MarloweDK:

Sounds pretty epic Very Happy Personally, I'd get the Wowee, it sounds amazing to me!

Yea I was considering getting 3 Leaf Audios Groove Regulator, its good cause you can plug in an external source like a drum machine to modulate the filter. Which would be really interesting if your drummer was playing the same groove as the drum loop automating the filter. But I think I just want a normal wah pedal. That wowee sounds nice.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down