Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Squire basses

+9
Flycutter
danthewelshy
Redstarking
Pathpounder
Accy
Fuzzy
Nuck81
SuperMaximo93
general lee
13 posters

Go down

Squire basses Empty Squire basses

Post  general lee Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:36 pm

I'm looking to buy a new bass. I like the Fender (Squire) looks so i went on the internet on the forums and looked some posts about them. There were a lot of people claiming that Squier has bad quality basses.
So i ask you about your experience with Squiers.
general lee
general lee

Back to top Go down

Squire basses Empty Re: Squire basses

Post  SuperMaximo93 Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:45 pm

Hm, from what I've read it was only Squire guitars that were bad, but the basses were good. I suggest you try them out first but I've heard very good things about their Vintage style basses
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuck81 Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:53 pm

I have one and love it. For every guy that claims that Squires are bad there are four raving about it. Most of the haters are the guys that have never played one and are hating on the fact that squiers are affordable copies of Fender. The Thing is Squire has really amped up production the last few years and are starting to rival the basses they were meant to copy!!!

You may want to eventually replace the pickups, but everything in a squire bass is top quality man, for the price you can't beat em.

Here some links of people talking about squires. A few haters but most people love them.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/bass_guitars/squier/vintage_modified_jazz_bass/index.html

This is the actual bass I own

Nuck81
Nuck81

Back to top Go down

Post  general lee Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:44 pm

Thanks!!!

afro
general lee
general lee

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:55 pm

yeah i've only heard good things from the squire (or squier) basses cheers
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Accy Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:58 pm

I've had a vintage squire for eleven years now-done countless gigs with it. I wouldnt have anything else--
Accy
Accy

Back to top Go down

Squire basses Empty Squire bass

Post  Pathpounder Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:21 am

I own nothing but Fender basses so I like their products. But also look at Rondo Music's SX series. If you google SX bass you will see a lot of discussion about this line of bass. I'm thinking about trying one of the fretless models since they are so cost effective.
Pathpounder
Pathpounder

Back to top Go down

Post  general lee Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:03 pm

How old is Squire? Question
general lee
general lee

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuck81 Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:07 pm

Nuck81
Nuck81

Back to top Go down

Post  Redstarking Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:51 pm

Yea I have my eye on this squire jazz bass from guitar center its really nice. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier-by-Fender-Deluxe-Jazz-Bass-Active-V-5-String-Bass-512618-i1173146.gc But one can dream =)

Last edited by Redstarking on Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Redstarking
Redstarking

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuck81 Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:36 am

Red, that bass is beautiful!!
Nuck81
Nuck81

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:27 am

the vintage modified series and classic vibe seem to have nothing but goo reviews, i only got the chance to play the vintage modified and wasn't impressed personally, but maybe that was just a cr@p one, most reviews tend to suggest that with squire you either get a good one or a crap one. The vintage modified has some very good reviews so if you want one go and try it out at a store and make sure its set up to your liking
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  Flycutter Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:55 pm

Redstarking wrote:Yea I have my eye on this squire jazz bass from guitar center its really nice. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier-by-Fender-Deluxe-Jazz-Bass-Active-V-5-String-Bass-512618-i1173146.gc But one can dream =)

What does the slap switch do?
Flycutter
Flycutter

Back to top Go down

Post  bryedw22 Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:00 am

first of all I would just like to say that this should have no bearing on weather you buy one or not, but the bass player from Fall Out Boy uses a Squier bass (not real sure if that's your kind of brand or not, but it doesn't really tickle my fancy)...but what I am saying is that I agree completely with what other people are saying about they've gotton better and you should def play the one you want before purchasing
bryedw22
bryedw22

Back to top Go down

Squire basses Empty Yamahas

Post  general lee Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:03 pm

What about Yamahas? I don't like them but i just ask...
general lee
general lee

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:25 pm

The best thing you can do is go into a shop & try the basses out. Take your time, try them all. Even if you can't play them yet, just hitting a couple of notes will give you a feel for the bass, and you'll find which one suits you better Smile

I'm sure there'd be nothing wrong with either a Squire or a Yamaha - if a brand was that bad, they wouldn't be in the market for as long as they have... Smile
Smaz
Smaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Protoplm Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:40 am

general lee wrote:What about Yamahas? I don't like them but i just ask...

The first bass I've played (and only one I've ever owned..) is a Yamaha BB300. It' similar to the squier in the effect that it has a basic setup. I need a new one, but from what I've compared it to, the tone on it is compareable to more expensive basses. You need to try it out though, all I can really say. I've read alot of fans of the bass and alot of haters.
Protoplm
Protoplm

Back to top Go down

Post  lokki Sat May 09, 2009 9:53 pm

Yamaha, they make great bikes...

Oh wait, this it the other forum...

Well, no clue on their basses. But i'm sure that if you take good care of it, it'll take good care of you. Razz
lokki
lokki

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down