Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone want to help me pick a new bass?

+4
Stryfer
Dropthelines585
uglymutt
HallowedBeThyBlaze
8 posters

Go down

Anyone want to help me pick a new bass? Empty Anyone want to help me pick a new bass?

Post  HallowedBeThyBlaze Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:09 am

I have stumbled upon a big problem once again.
I have been having trouble with my bass guitar(Ibanez GSR 200) losing all power in 9volt.
I barely use my amp being that my amp is a hunk.

I'm honestly lost in what to do.
I have considered buying new pickups instead of having active pickups.

Please someone help!
HallowedBeThyBlaze
HallowedBeThyBlaze

Back to top Go down

Anyone want to help me pick a new bass? Empty Re: Anyone want to help me pick a new bass?

Post  uglymutt Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:19 am

HallowedBeThyBlaze wrote:I have stumbled upon a big problem once again.
I have been having trouble with my bass guitar(Ibanez GSR 200) losing all power in 9volt.
How many times has this happened in the past?
Do you leave your bass plugged in (a cord always coming from the output jack)
what do you mean losing all power in 9volt? Do you mean the battery is flat/dead?

If this is a problem with the bass/pickups then i would probably buy another bass rather than spending more money on passive pickups.
uglymutt
uglymutt

Back to top Go down

Anyone want to help me pick a new bass? Empty Re: Anyone want to help me pick a new bass?

Post  Dropthelines585 Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:57 am

This is why I will always prefer passives. Call me old school if you want.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:56 am

I've been using the 5 string verion of that bass with actives and have never had a problem. I replace the battery about once every 3-4 months (except this last one, it was in there for half a year and is still going...freaking expensive batter though).
As long as there's something plugged into the jack, be it just a cable with nothing on the end, the battery will drain.

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:00 am

Don't buy new pickups. The pickups in the Ibanez GSR200 are actually passive (take a look on the Ibanez website), but there is an active circuit the signal goes through before it goes out of the bass. Just take a look at some wiring diagrams and take the active circuit out Smile Alternatively you could buy a new bass cheers
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  DubHertz Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:08 am

I would take a look at the jack socket it acts as a switch to complete the circuit when a lead is plugged in to it. Sometimes the internal contacs bend under stress and stick together causing the circuit to be made/closed/on all the time
DubHertz
DubHertz

Back to top Go down

Post  uglymutt Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:20 am

SuperMaximo93 wrote:Don't buy new pickups. The pickups in the Ibanez GSR200 are actually passive (take a look on the Ibanez website), but there is an active circuit the signal goes through before it goes out of the bass. Just take a look at some wiring diagrams and take the active circuit out Smile Alternatively you could buy a new bass cheers

I was pretty sure they were passive as well but didn't manage to find the wiring schematic.
uglymutt
uglymutt

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:58 am

Dropthelines585 wrote:This is why I will always prefer passives. Call me old school if you want.

Ha that just got me thinking. I've rarely picked up a bass and liked the active pickup sound, apart from a musicman that is.
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  f8tlbyte Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:09 am

Mine has actives but I can turn them on or off. Kinda like having the choice.
f8tlbyte
f8tlbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down