Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bass chords help please

+2
uglymutt
Dylan hergs
6 posters

Go down

bass chords help please Empty bass chords help please

Post  Dylan hergs Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:46 am

so after playing for more then a year now i should probably learn the chords to what im playing, anyone got any good exercises to remember, i got a sheet of it printed and i look at it every now and then but i can never remember the order =(

thanks
Dylan hergs
Dylan hergs

Back to top Go down

bass chords help please Empty Re: bass chords help please

Post  uglymutt Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:05 am

I'm trying to convince parents that it's ok to use paypal to buy some of dman's lessons but it's not working.
I'm interested to see how others learn/apply chords.
uglymutt
uglymutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:02 am

Can't say much on this as I hardly use chords (except the power chord, I use it all the time). On the rare occasions that I do try to use chords or apply them I work them out through scales. Like a certain chord being the combination of intervals of a certain scale. If it's a major, it's a combination of intervals of the major scales (most often the 1st, 3rd and 7th interval) and if it's a minor chord it's intervals from the minor scale.

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeLetterSyndrom Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Chords are built up logical.

If you know a C-whatever chord, you can just transpose that, so in reality, you'd only need to learn a few chords. Start with Major, Minor and 7th chords. Wink

ThreeLetterSyndrom
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:50 pm

Ugly, Paypal is completely safe to use. I've had quite a few people buy lessons, and i've never had one hiccup (apart from people forgetting to download in the 24 hour period, lol)

I don't discuss the theoretical make-up in cool chords one and two. I didn't want to con people, as that information is widely available on the internet. There was no point in me making something that could be learnt from a website.

Be aware that the video only teaches shapes of chords, and uses them in a practical application (we write a piece of music) if you are considering a purchase. Smile I wanted to approach the whole thing in a more practical manner.

I could sit here all day discussing chords and how they theoretically apply. I wont, though. I 'll leave that to you guys! Very Happy

*Hint That bass roadmaps book is a good place to start...
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  Dylan hergs Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:15 am

iv got the same problem i cant buy things on the internet. so is there anything else i can do
Dylan hergs
Dylan hergs

Back to top Go down

Post  uglymutt Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:55 am

I trust you dman (and paypal) don't worry
I have tried, but they're old in their ways.....
They've just started banking on the Internet now, so i should be able to convince them that paypal is also safe.
uglymutt
uglymutt

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:05 am

this is a valuable website for chords and stuff
also has sum nice rythm excersises there

www.studybass.com
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down