Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what to buy: effects or a 5 string?

+7
DubHertz
Stryfer
BlackF89
akyra
Aster
SuperMaximo93
zsquad
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

what to buy: effects or a 5 string? - Page 3 Empty Re: what to buy: effects or a 5 string?

Post  DubHertz Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:41 pm

I would get the bass first and try it,you might be happy with the strings that it comes with, if not then buy some different strings. But when changing string guage it is quite often necessary to adjust the strig height and intonation - so I suggest that you keep a bit of spare cash for a string change and setup at your local guitar shop/techie. As I found out recently with an online guitar purchase - they dont always come set up properly. But saying that other basses I have purchased online have been fine.

That measurement refers to the overall width of the nut and doesnt really help with identifying the string guage.
DubHertz
DubHertz

Back to top Go down

what to buy: effects or a 5 string? - Page 3 Empty Re: what to buy: effects or a 5 string?

Post  zsquad Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:08 am

I have tried out the bass in a store and the strings were really loose, which is why I wanted to change them. I'm buying it online to get the color that I want

zsquad

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3