Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOTW List of people who want to do it

5 posters

Go down

SOTW List of people who want to do it Empty SOTW List of people who want to do it

Post  maxf13 Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:02 pm

Well the self explanatory really
Post if u want to set a song of the week!!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked ]

Every week, a different person will post 3 different songs of one Genre.
One song will have to be easy to play.
One song will have to be tricky to play.
The last one can be as difficult as you like really.

If you can record, you will have to post a cover of at least one of the three songs. If you dont have recording capabilities then you will be forgiven.

Sooooo

Just post the genre that you would like to post as.

DISCLAIMER

This is origianlly smazes idea. However, he is quite busy at work and has not been able to post for a while.
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

SOTW List of people who want to do it Empty Re: SOTW List of people who want to do it

Post  maxf13 Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:03 pm

Unless someone else wants to have metal ill be having it.
I can also do punk or something in that generall area.
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

SOTW List of people who want to do it Empty SOTW List of people who want to do it

Post  willba Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:25 pm

Obviously Ill do it. I dont mind what genre I do, i can do metal, funk, alternative/rock. Since it will rotate around genres it doesnt matter if more than one person volunteers to do a genre, just might take longer to have your go if there's a queue Very Happy
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

SOTW List of people who want to do it Empty Re: SOTW List of people who want to do it

Post  DavidM96 Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:10 pm

i can do pretty much any genre (but rap, hip hop, pop, and everything most people listen to these days) Very Happy
DavidM96
DavidM96
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:12 pm

ur gonna have to be specific,
if everyone says "i can do anything really" then we arent gonna get anywhere XD

just say whatever genre you play the most/listen to the most/or know most about
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidM96 Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:15 pm

ok then

Punk Rock, Metal, Funk, Rock, and Punk
DavidM96
DavidM96
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:44 pm

See I don't know. One week I might want to post Queen, Boston and Jefferson Airplane, the next I might want to post Grandmaster Flash, Run DMC and Buju Banton. I don't really favour any genres.
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:55 pm

well screw the idea of genre then
just say that you are interested and i will throw u into the hat
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

SOTW List of people who want to do it Empty gfyufkyufyu

Post  willba Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:37 pm

Pippynip wrote:See I don't know. One week I might want to post Queen, Boston and Jefferson Airplane, the next I might want to post Grandmaster Flash, Run DMC and Buju Banton. I don't really favour any genres.

Couldnt you still just name genres and do a particular one whichever week you are chosen? Its not like you hate the genre you have to post songs for.
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:08 am

Hmm... I will pick some genres actually, I'll do classic rock, rock n' roll, glam rock and glam metal. Also stuff from the NWOBHM.

So it'll all work like one person posts, then another person posts, etc.? That could be a bit.. I dunno, any more than 4 people and you only post once a month. I reckon that each week, everyone involved should just post one song and everyone involved has to record someone else's song (unless recording isn't possible, of course).

(I am interested by the way, else I wouldn't be trying to completely bastardise this idea Razz)
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:51 am

well we have to give people a chance.
if you have like 6 songs being posted a week then people arent gonna have the chance to learn and record more than one of them
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:16 pm

If the problem is that people aren't going to record more than one, why bother with three? I just reckon it'd be nice to have a variety.
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidM96 Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:14 pm

Why not just have three songs each week and those involved will just pick a song (or two if they want to) and make a cover of it. (and each song would be a different genre)
DavidM96
DavidM96
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:05 pm

I think it should just be exactly like it was before: a genre per week with 3 songs
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:49 pm

The reason that there are three songs and not just one is that some people are beginners, other intermediate and other advanced.
Ergo it would be nice to have songs that would fit players ability.
FOR EXAMPLE

i dont think dan would appreciate playing Enter Sandman by Metallica
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:00 pm

Yeah... I think the only thing I'm really a bit shaky on is the actual method of getting those songs posted. I just don't want to potentially wait months before posting songs... Although of course when not posting songs, there's still covering to be done... I dunno. Keep me signed up and I'll see if I like the idea in practice.
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidM96 Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:23 pm

maybe we could do something were we do 3 random genres, and for each genre have 3 songs (easy, med, hard) and instead of doing it every week we could do it once a month which would give people more time to do covers since most people on the forum have jobs (and lives Very Happy ) and such. Also if we have 3 genres there's less of a chance someone wont like the genres chosen.
DavidM96
DavidM96
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:27 pm

to be fair we have waited several months between smaz's songs of the week so i dont think 1 week can hurt too much
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidM96 Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:30 pm

maybe, but if we do it every month it gives people more time to learn the songs. Like for me it takes awhile for me to learn the song, memorize it, and be able to play it without mistakes. (awhile meaning a week or more)
DavidM96
DavidM96
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:34 pm

thats fair enough that
what we could just do is post one round of songs, wait until everyone who wants to has recorded and posted their covers and then move on?
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidM96 Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:50 pm

well then we have the problem of waiting on certain people because i dont want to be the one who everyone is waiting on (which i probably would be)
DavidM96
DavidM96
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down