Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bass is quiet on some frets

2 posters

Go down

Bass is quiet on some frets Empty Bass is quiet on some frets

Post  ben9394 Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:10 am

I got a bass with a 25watt amp from gear4music its there bass and amp. I know its not that good but its all I could get and lately some frets are quiet through my amp and sound bad for example if I play on the A string fret 1 to 5 its fine but 6 is quiet and distorted a bit and is rather annoyign and a few frets do this.

I am not sure if its the amp or the bass does anyone have any ideas what this could be so I might be able to fix the problem. I really want to sort it because when im playing along to something it makes me think I played it wrong but its not me.

Ben.

ben9394

Back to top Go down

Bass is quiet on some frets Empty Re: Bass is quiet on some frets

Post  Pastichio Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:14 am

Sounds like it could be coming from your bass. How low is the string action? If its set to low this could be the reason certain notes don't play and can cause a distorted buzz like sound. Using an allen key on the bridge saddle of your bass you can higher the action a little to prevent fret buzz.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Bass is quiet on some frets Empty Ok

Post  ben9394 Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:42 am

Ill get my mate to have a look I dont want to fiddle around with my bass learnign just over a month if its not the bass it may be the amp there not very good but best to have a look at the action like you said.

Also my strings are pretty much dead I dont know if that could be the problem as one strign just buzzes and the others are ok apart from some frets.

ben9394

Back to top Go down

Bass is quiet on some frets Empty Re: Bass is quiet on some frets

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down