Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

any good tab softwear out there?

+12
Stryfer
DubHertz
Pippynip
Guzco
caliburn50
danthewelshy
SuperMaximo93
maxf13
Some freaky guy
Spoon
FranR
blacksunshine
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

any good tab softwear out there? - Page 2 Empty Re: any good tab softwear out there?

Post  SuperMaximo93 Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:32 pm

No. But it makes you better than other players. Nowadays I like to work stuff out by ear, I only use tab if I'm really desperate or lazy. Also, learning scales and modes helps hugely as when you get the roots you can work out the rest by playing around with the scales, saving loads of time and effort
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

any good tab softwear out there? - Page 2 Empty Re: any good tab softwear out there?

Post  blacksunshine Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:08 am

thanks guys.
Now how do you go about using it? All the songs i have down loaded on to my computer, how do i bring it over to guitar pro5? so it can give me the tab?

blacksunshine

Back to top Go down

Post  KrysH Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:24 am

The songs need to be in Guitar Pro format so it won't just convert mp3's or anythin like that.

I might be mistaken (frequently am erk!) but you might be able to import MIDI files into the program.

Anyhoo - if you open up Guitar pro and goto File - Search on the Internet...

it should open up a search window - you might have to press the "Update Sites?" button but usually it comes up with Tablatures.tk - Metaltabs and My Songbook and a search box - just type the name of the some or artist in there that you're after and one of the sites will usually have the guitar pro file you want.

If they havent then just do a general search on the net for Guitar pro tabs and filter by bass.

There's lots of them out there and while the sound isn't fantastic (tho much better now they have the RSE real sound engine?) it at least gives you something you can play along to with the ability to slow it down, mute the bass track and allsorts of other goodies!
KrysH
KrysH

Back to top Go down

Post  KrysH Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:37 am

I agree with the playing by ear comments too - if you can do that it's great, I used to spend ages with my tape recorder waaaay back when C90's were the dog's nadgers playing and rewinding each bit of a song til I'd got it down perfect.

However there were still bits of songs where the bassline was hard to hear clearly over the main track and this is where TAB is such a blessing - esp with good tab software where a complicated bassline can be slowed right down and still stay at the correct pitch to practice to.
KrysH
KrysH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2