Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduce yourself!

+140
sean_fatsting
mrmouldybread
Drave
Lil Misfit
Defective
leftybassgirl
jonny121
Accipiter
Dead Goon
brumbass
Grungie
violinbass
Stevie Jim
Taken by the Light
Anvil3103
coolfir3pwnz
brentfordsmith
Jessalyn
Ronald
Supermatz
Impulse101
ziman
dragpyre
MetalJacob
MeLovesDomoKun
Fife
Sagar
Davo 112233
DavidM96
JackB12
Grimelex
SgtCandy
Rushfan30
Alex31
turboscrew
Bossalinie
aL
Bass Mon
KrysH
BrentS
spacedraptor
lololiet
mazathemonster
Knackebrod
de_fender
Hutch
BassistMcKay
FranR
Beastmanh
Samael77
Basingah
DubHertz
akyra
Nocturnal_Pulse
uglymutt
f8tlbyte
deaksplodge
Armo
Lufic
Stryfer
amberavenged
willba
The Fool Guy
Some freaky guy
Blackdragon
Pippynip
KarnivorBass
ThreeLetterSyndrom
maxf13
boner
reuben
brendanofborg
BlackF89
ezekiel
androssie
blazed0wayz
Gonçalo
Lassepetri
Guzco
Stephen
kakariko-tramp
Bibobob
Dr.punk
Spoon
Freeze
Virgo
mistawac
danthewelshy
Dylan hergs
Terminal Funk
Heywood317
manny188
Kiki
Dropthelines585
HBMDave
Assad
Garth
quack
PSYCHOxBOB
bikerbrianpunk
Jerrad
Dr.Sterni
bassblood
boweddissonance
Tobias
Timmyd045
Dizzae
Drakon7
ArniVidar
bryedw22
Cliff em' all
Vortex
mts
Flycutter
Pastichio
stefk0
general lee
Igastopheles
Kanie
Smaz
xXMaliceXx
jbizz
Nuck81
cr33p
keizer
Malastare
SPANISHDAVEBASS
simon 'sloweye'
Frettless
david2545
SuperMaximo93
Fuzzy
LukeGingerKennett
yogatron
ffox1994
Redstarking
Dmanlamius
Grinch
WNx3fed
Admin
144 posters

Page 5 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 36  Next

Go down

Introduce yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Introduce yourself!

Post  Dr.punk Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:16 pm

hello ppl. I m Hrvoje, i m new to the forums so pls dont be too rough on me, Laughing (kidding). Well, i m playing bass for 2 years now. Recently formed a band with few friends. I m 16 y.o. What more to say scratch ...my equipment is : Ibanez gsr200, laney RB3 65W amp. That would be all, for now Razz

btw. Dman u r awesome...keep up the good work cheers cheers
Dr.punk
Dr.punk

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Hey to all the new guys Smile Hope you have a good time here Very Happy
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.punk Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:58 pm

that signature is so not true Wink ...check out some rancid bass lines Cool
Dr.punk
Dr.punk

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:15 pm

Dr.punk wrote:that signature is so not true Wink ...check out some rancid bass lines Cool

Yeah, I know, but I loled when I read it on Uncyclopedia and just had to have it as my sig Razz
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Bibobob Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Rancid and Tiger Army were actually my inspirations to learn bass. The opening to Dope Sick Girl's a lot of fun. Smile And with that, I'm Bryan (17 y.o.) and I've had my bass for 4 days now. I was trying to find someone to teach me, but nobody around here does it so I started looking on youtube and found dman. So ya, that's that.

Bibobob

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.punk Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:23 pm

welcome and good luck with ur bass...and yeah that dope sick girl intro is awesome...but nothing can beat maxwell murder and white knuckle ride Very Happy Very Happy
Dr.punk
Dr.punk

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:12 am

welcome newbies!
lol!
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  kakariko-tramp Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:05 pm

WNx3fed wrote:hhhmmm i feel i should put more :O ive only been playing bass for 4 weeks now ;D other instruments i can play are; a trombone and a euphonium.

what's a euphonium? it's got a cool name!
kakariko-tramp
kakariko-tramp

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.punk Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:22 am

kakariko-tramp wrote:
WNx3fed wrote:hhhmmm i feel i should put more :O ive only been playing bass for 4 weeks now ;D other instruments i can play are; a trombone and a euphonium.

Introduce yourself! - Page 5 575_euphonium
Dr.punk
Dr.punk

Back to top Go down

Post  kakariko-tramp Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:30 am

Dr.punk wrote:
kakariko-tramp wrote:

Introduce yourself! - Page 5 575_euphonium

it's shiny!!
kakariko-tramp
kakariko-tramp

Back to top Go down

Post  Spoon Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:23 pm

and big
Spoon
Spoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:14 am

Hi.

My cousin and I love music, particularly 80's metal. 8 months ago he took his love for metal to a new level by purchasing a guitar. While I thought it looked awesome I didn't really want to go through the hassle of learning to play an instrument. At the time I was too busy fixing up my GPA so I can transfer to a University (Which I was accepted into. Yay.)

But, 6 months ago, while visiting here, he wanted to drop by a guitar shop. So I tagged along. It was cool looking at all of the cool and fancy guitars. Strolling around I saw this bass guitar. I couldn't keep my eyes off of it. It was too beautiful. The red, shiny pick guard lit up my eyes like a ruby. That night I spent almost three hours in bed arguing whether or not I should purchase it.
On one hand: I don't know how to play a bass guitar, and I really don't have any intentions of learning to play one. Not to mention, I don't know the first thing about them.
And on the other: It looked so dang cool!

After three hours of twisting and turning in bed, I decided to buy it.
Introduce yourself! - Page 5 Mybass
(I was able to grab a picture of it before it was removed from the website)

So I snagged $300 from the ATM, went down to the shop, snatched the bass off the wall and walked up the the counter. The guy behind the counter was so nice. He asked if I knew how to play and of course I responded with "No. It just looks so awesome I have to buy it." After that, he showed me a couple of bass guitar training books, being a completely clueless consumer, I bought both of the books he showed me. He took the bass in the back to be checked (or something) before he left, he pointed to a rack holding shoulder straps and asked me to pick one. I couldn't find a red one to match my bass, so instead I chose the only plain black strap I could find. From their I started looking at all the little pick containers.

After a bit, he came out from the back of the shop carrying my bass. Carefully setting it on the counter, he continued walking behind another counter. He came back holding a carrying bag. It's black with a little purple pouch on the front.
I pointed to the guitar picks and asked him if I needed one. He shook his head and responded "Naw. Those are guitar picks. You need a bass pick. Hold on, I'll give ya some."
By "give" I assumed he meant "buy some more", but instead he goes behind the counter, digs his hand into a box and pulls out a handful of thick picks and throws them into a little plastic bag, and chucks the picks into the purple pouch on the guitar case.

After that, he scanned everything and asked for $300 even. I was a bit shocked. The case, strap, and picks didn't cost me anything. He mentioned how the shop was closing and how they were moving online. With a big grin on my face, I handed him cash and walked out of the store.

A month passed and my semester was over. So I decided to get an amp for my new bass guitar. I bought the cheapest one from Amazon.com and a cord to go along with it. A couple days later I got an e-mail from amazon.com saying that they didn't have the amp in stock, and I canceled the order. The next day I received two packages in the mail. In one, a cord, and the other, an amp. I contacted Amazon.com about the amp, and skipping the details, I ended up with a free $60 amp.

Another month passed and my cousin visited me for the 4th of July, bringing along his new guitar. He started playing it a little bit, and I asked how he learned to play like that (knowing that he didn't take any guitar lessons). He responded with one word-
YouTube.
(Okay, I lied. He also talked about tabs on the internet. I had no idea what "tabs" were at the time. So I had to ask him about that, also.)

Because I've written enough details I'll just skip them all. And just say- That's how I found this place.

Anyway, I'm Stephen. A full-time college student (English major), but I plan on getting a job on campus at my new university.
And my summer hobby: Learning to play a bass guitar.

A gold star for whoever actually read this gargantuan post. :/

Last edited by Stephen on Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Prematurely posted.)

Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:49 am

Thats a cool bass, dear sir.

Welcome to our AWESOME forum.

Its the best one on the net, rly.

its way better then those forums with 15,000 people, 10,000 of which are just trolls =D

Not to mention, we're better bass players then them, anyways.

Cause of Dman =D

but be careful, theres a creepy guy named Smaz who hangs around him, Dont accept ANY candy he offers you =P

Just jokin Smaz.

[don't ban me!] lol

Dont forget to join in the Word association thread!
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Guzco Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:52 am

Welcome Stephen, I actually read all that lol.

It seemed like you felt like you just bought the bass because of how it looks rather than having intentions of learning to play it. Did you even try any other basses at the store? It probably wasn't the best idea just picking up the first one you thought about.

Anyway, it's too late now. It sounds like your in good shape as for accessories. Hopefully you'll keep up in learning to play and never quit because you think "its too hard" or "I don't feel like playing". You should stick around here, of course Dman has a ton of videos you can learn from but we'll all help you out if you need it. Smile

Good luck in your bass playing.
Guzco
Guzco

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.punk Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:55 am

great story, welcome aboard...i m sure u'll learn alot here (i know i did) Very Happy Very Happy
Dr.punk
Dr.punk

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:34 am

Guzco wrote:It seemed like you felt like you just bought the bass because of how it looks rather than having intentions of learning to play it. Did you even try any other basses at the store? It probably wasn't the best idea just picking up the first one you thought about.

Anyway, it's too late now. It sounds like your in good shape as for accessories. Hopefully you'll keep up in learning to play and never quit because you think "its too hard" or "I don't feel like playing". You should stick around here, of course Dman has a ton of videos you can learn from but we'll all help you out if you need it. Smile
Ding ding ding!

Yep. I'm a freak when it comes to appearances and looking good. I heard on a medical website that the sun ages skin faster and it can be altered slightly with sunscreen lotion. So I went to the nearest shop, looked at all of the sunscreen and picked one. [omitted a long anecdote]
It may not help, but it couldn't hurt.

I always care about my appearance. I chew gum for clean breath and burning any fat off my cheeks. I don't do drugs, smoke or drink. *Always* brush my hair. Watch what I eat. Absolutely everything I can to look good (including good literary skills).

And I'm not one to spend $300 on something and have it just sit around. Having a cool looking bass is one thing, but I'd just look like an idiot if I can't play it. Wink
So I need to learn musical terms, how to play, all of that stuff.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I didn't want to feel like a cheapskate, taking free lessons and not giving anything back. The least I can do is give my support.

Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:41 am

Youll find a way to help. Everyone here does!

For me, with JUST *my* presence, I make this entire forum funnier, funner, more awesome, and most importantly SEXIER.

Anyways, thats what the net is for, Scabbing free stuff =D

Whats your genre, Stephen?

Metal, 80's Metal, Rock, Pop Rock.

I swear to god if you say Miley Cirus... *shakes fist*
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:48 am

Ahh yes the squier pete wentz signature bass.
I've heard good things about them, a fine beginner bass.
Enjoy the forum Very Happy
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:46 am

Hey Stephen Very Happy Cool story! Hope you enjoy this crazy forum Smile
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  mistawac Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:14 pm

Heya Stephen, welcome to the site!

I decided to read your whole post when I saw something about a cousin that can play the guitar well. I think we're damn near the exact same person. My cousin has been playing for three-ish years and hasn't paid a cent for lessons, but he's a phenom on the guitar. I did the same thing in asking him how he learned to play and he just said "internet".

So after legitimately wasting about 12 hours a day playing video games early this summer I decided to buy a bass and learn. I, too, chose the bass I thought looked the coolest. I didn't know what to look for in a "good" bass so I went with what I knew and it's worked out for me so far.

Plus side is, my cousin and I are moving in together in about a month so he and I are going to be able to have jam sessions whenever we want. On the bigger plus, his buddy who plays the drums is going to the same school as we are so we're about to be able to have some legit jam sessions whenever.

Again, welcome to the site and enjoy! Dman spoils us here..
mistawac
mistawac

Back to top Go down

Post  Lassepetri Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:50 am

I've actually been on this site for quite some time, just reading posts, never really taken -that- much action into actually writing. But I guess, at least its time for a proper introduction. In the introduction-thread, that is.

My name is Lasse, I'm 21 years old and a blondhaired, blue-eyed Dane, currently living in Copenhagen with my gf. It is not even half a year since i had no interest in instruments whatsoever, but, alas, thanks to youtube, I got to see some of my favorite songs being played by very, very skilled amateurs. And you know, its like seeing music being braught down to a reachable level, a level where I, I who have never actually played an instrument, actually thought: Shit. That could be me.

And now in some way, it is. It was of course Dman's videos I fell upon, and from thereon I fell in love with the bass-guitar, its sexy body and slim, long neck and not to forget the thick strings that produce such wonderful deep, growling and yet so beautiful noise. Oh yeah, I love bass.

My interest in music, and music-tech, has evolved greatly since January, where i bought my bass. Tool has always and prolly always will be, my favorite band. With the new interest in bass, Tool just got a whole new dimension to it, just listen to The Pot and Schism!. I once again fell in love with Muse, simply adoring such basslines as Hyper Music and Butterflies and Hurricanes. Bands like Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin where just noise for me (yeah, just fry me already) back then. Now, they are inspiration galore. Besides, in classic bands like those two, a bass actually sounds like a bass, which can be hard to come by these days. Funk-music which i have never ever listened to before, is now cool as ever, and even jazz-music is suddenly candy for my ears.

By playing an instrument, I really believe you delve deeper into music itself. Reminds me of these 3 lines from Tool - Lateralus:

With my feet upon the ground I lose myself
between the sounds and open wide to suck it in,
I feel it move across my skin.

That was all, for now anyways. Live from Denmark, Im Lasse Petri. Back to the studio.
Lassepetri
Lassepetri

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliff em' all Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:34 am

Wellcome!Make sure you have a nice basstime!
Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:57 am

Welcome!

You should stay and become a regular. Its much less daunting after a while

Its really awesome here =D
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Lassepetri Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:58 am

Who said anything about daunting Cool also, ty ty.
Lassepetri
Lassepetri

Back to top Go down

Post  Garth Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:41 pm

Hey all new members! Good to see a lot more people joining up Smile

And of course... vouch Drakon on becoming a regular, he is a wise man. (give him cake)
Garth
Garth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum