Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finger Walking

4 posters

Go down

Finger Walking Empty Finger Walking

Post  Stonetempelpilot Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:46 pm

Helo,
being a forty something complete beginner please excuse my perhaps inane question.Having recently purchased a basic Bass pack I'm enjoying the challenge of learning to play the instrument via your very good on-line site.My question is when practising finger walking on the strings is it the pads of the fingers only which come in to play as I seem to be catching my nails on the strings quite often ,giving a somewhat tinnier quality to the note compared to the pad,or does it matter? Many thanks for your help.
Stonetempelpilot

Stonetempelpilot

Back to top Go down

Finger Walking Empty Finger Walking

Post  willba Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:13 pm

Ive done that a few times, whenever it happens i go downstairs and cut my nails so that theyre r down to stubbs, then its almost impossible to catch them, otherwise u may just be playing it on the tips of your fingers too much.
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Finger Walking Empty Re: Finger Walking

Post  BlackF89 Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:24 pm

willba wrote:Ive done that a few times, whenever it happens i go downstairs and cut my nails so that theyre r down to stubbs, then its almost impossible to catch them, otherwise u may just be playing it on the tips of your fingers too much.
I filed my nails for the first time today, I'm sure it'll become a habit
BlackF89
BlackF89

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeLetterSyndrom Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:44 pm

It depends on the sound you want, but most widely used is the finger pad technique. 'roll' your fingers over the strings and makes sure your nails don't catch them. Also, make sure your nails are shurt Razz

ThreeLetterSyndrom
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down