Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoom Multi Effects Pedals.

2 posters

Go down

Zoom Multi Effects Pedals. Empty Zoom Multi Effects Pedals.

Post  KrysH Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:46 am

Hey guys,

I use a Zoom B2 for any effects I need at the mo, If I want to record I have an M-Audio Fast-Track USB. However when I try to use the M-Audio with Magix Music Maker the volume is way too quiet with no way of increasing it.

So, I thought about using the Zoom A2.1u that I have for my Acoustics as a USB recording tool. The only problem I have is that when the A2.1u is plugged into the computer there's a high pitched whining noise as if it's picking up the audio version of the data stream.

Has anyone had a similar problem and how do you get rid of it?

Magix doesn't actually record the noise - it's just in the monitor as background noise but it's hideously irritating - a bit of hiss I can live with but a continuous high C is annoying.
KrysH
KrysH

Back to top Go down

Zoom Multi Effects Pedals. Empty Re: Zoom Multi Effects Pedals.

Post  DubHertz Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:42 am

I had a similar issue with a tascam usb device I had it plugged in through a usb hub and it made a whinig noise. It stopped when I plugged the usb connection directly into the back of the computer - I think the hub wasnt supplying enough current to the device.
DubHertz
DubHertz

Back to top Go down

Post  KrysH Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:50 pm

Hmmm! I think you might have hit it there.

I had both units on top of my amp so the USB cable was quite long. I've moved it to on top of the PC and reduced the length of the USB cable and the volume of the whine has gone down.

I'll try and get a shorter cable so there's not as much power loss. I'll have a look in the device settings too to make sure there's no power saving options attached to the USB root hub.

Cheers dude!

cheers
KrysH
KrysH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down