Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie stuff

3 posters

Go down

Newbie stuff Empty Newbie stuff

Post  willba Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:09 pm

Just wondering, what is a pulloff, seen it on tabs and im wondering if im doing what i think it is.......

Cheers
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Newbie stuff Empty Re: Newbie stuff

Post  SuperMaximo93 Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:15 pm

Its kinda the opposite of a hammer on. Its when you pull your finger off the string which lets the lower note that you're holding as well (unless you're pulling off to an open string) sound after. You don't just lift your finger off though, as it won't sound out well that way, you have to kinda pluck the string, or pull at the string, hence the name 'pull off'
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Newbie stuff Empty Newbie stuff

Post  willba Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:23 pm

Ah, k cheers, i was a bit confuzzled cus it wasnt making much sound but u have explained it so now i can carry on with sad but true on bass, many thanks!
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliff em' all Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:02 am

SuperMaximo93 wrote:Its kinda the opposite of a hammer on. Its when you pull your finger off the string which lets the lower note that you're holding as well (unless you're pulling off to an open string) sound after. You don't just lift your finger off though, as it won't sound out well that way, you have to kinda pluck the string, or pull at the string, hence the name 'pull off'

Εxactly,but i think you can also do it with an open string.Check 94 hours by as i lay dying to see what i'm sayin'.
Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down