Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What inspired you to pick up the bass?

+44
MetalJacob
willba
Lazerrus
GemL
Supermatz
ziman
Fife
lazy1234
DavidM96
androssie
weller7503
Bass Mon
lololiet
Southernstar
Aster
mazathemonster
Hutch
mts
de_fender
BassistMcKay
caliburn50
spacedraptor
Protoplm
FranR
KrysH
ezekiel
Nocturnal_Pulse
Rushfan30
akyra
Dropthelines585
Cliff em' all
Late2bass
Some freaky guy
Fuzzy
f8tlbyte
Stryfer
Lufic
DubHertz
Pippynip
maxf13
Spoon
BlackF89
SuperMaximo93
benlorenc
48 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What inspired you to pick up the bass? - Page 3 Empty Re: What inspired you to pick up the bass?

Post  mts Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:14 pm

It went something like this. Me ad my friends were putting up two bands. We had drummer, 2 singers ad 2 guitarists.
So we decided that i play guitar on one band and bass on second band and my friend Markus would play bass on one band and guitar on second one. So this was which kick started my bass playing and some years later i bough my own bass and amp and look for bands that needed bass player.
mts
mts

Back to top Go down

What inspired you to pick up the bass? - Page 3 Empty Re: What inspired you to pick up the bass?

Post  Cliff em' all Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:48 pm

caliburn50 wrote:Bordom and wanting a new challenge that and a mid life crisis sunny

This can be your anthem then! Very Happy

Some nice bass in there.
Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hutch Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:06 am

For the longest time all of my friends were intensly into music and three of em had a band, lacking a bassist. Which they couldn't find anywhere, so they all tried to encourage me to pick it up. Eventually I did, but by this time they all moved on. Sledding and Dirtbiking basically took over the scene in my home town and they followed.

But what keeps me going is the awesome rumble of raw power you feel in your chest everytime you strum a note.
Hutch
Hutch

Back to top Go down

Post  mazathemonster Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:01 pm

I don't actually have any particular thing or person that inspired me. I just always felt drawn to bass. I did consider learning guitar for a while as I knew more people who could teach me. But in the end I thought "fook it, I want to learn bass. Everyone plays guitar, bass is more me". I've since discovered many kickass bass players that have encouraged me to keep with it, such as Nikki Sixx. Very Happy

mazathemonster

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:27 pm

His book the Herion Diaries was awesome.. Must read!
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Aster Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:42 pm

I wanted to play the electric guitar, I wanted it so badly that my parents were starting to seriously consider the possibility of allowing me. Then one morning -i think it was a saturday, january last year- I was in bed, thinking, and then, I don't know why, I felt like 'hmm... I don't wanna play the guitar, I'm gonna play the bass Razz '
Then I told my parents, they thought I was mentally ill, then the following Friday I bought my beloved second-hand Ibanez. That's it! hahahaha Very Happy

Aster

Back to top Go down

Post  mazathemonster Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:31 pm

akyra wrote:His book the Heroin Diaries was awesome.. Must read!

Ohh indeed! <3 I find his determination really inspirational.

mazathemonster

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackF89 Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:32 pm

Just a shame he slept with kat von d, if heroin didn't kill him, I bet her lady parts will.
BlackF89
BlackF89

Back to top Go down

Post  Southernstar Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:50 am

I've been listening to rock all my life and I always wanted to play bass, I'm not sure why, I just like it more than any other instrument, then my brother became a drummer and half time bass player and I started to learn, then got my own bass and nor I want to play all the time, I love to play, I love my guitar and I am happy I chose this path!
Southernstar
Southernstar

Back to top Go down

Post  lololiet Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:04 pm

What inspired me most is best summed up by:

just the sheer awesomeness of a riff so simple & subtle and yet so powerful made me pick the Bass over any other instrument.
lololiet
lololiet
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bass Mon Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:45 am

I didn't choose bass, bass chose me

Bass Mon

Back to top Go down

What inspired you to pick up the bass? - Page 3 Empty What inspired you to pick up the bass?

Post  weller7503 Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:57 pm

Ok, I am a child of the 80's my all time hero was Nikki Sixx so it was bass or nothing. I also love the sound and feel of an open E that can bust your ear drums!!!!!!
weller7503
weller7503

Back to top Go down

Post  androssie Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:51 pm

when i arrived at the store , there was a bright shining light ! it came from the bass section... and then i knew the bass would be my instrument ...
and then when i saw some people playing the lines so good. i thought this must be it , this is my new passion
i picked one up, looked around, started playing ... and.... I SUCKED AT IT
and from then i knew i would play bass forever

and still i suck at it, and that why i m playing it forever, just to learn it Razz
androssie
androssie

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidM96 Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:06 pm

i cant remember if i already posted this here but im too lazy to look through the pages.

what inspired me to play bass was...well.....i was in class (music class btw) and i never really payed attention in music class so i was sitting there thinking, and all of a sudden (i dont know where the thought came from) i just started thinking about bass guitars, later that day when i was at home, i turned on my mp3 player and listening for the bassline in some of my favorite songs, and then.....i was HOOKED. Twisted Evil ever since then ive loved basses and playing basses.
DavidM96
DavidM96
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  lazy1234 Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:29 am

i start with one of those cheap walmart $10 guitars the ones that only stayed tuned for one strum and so i got mad and quit it and then every1 was saying they no play guitar so i was like i wanna try something different so i started the bass and year and half later still happly playing it

lazy1234

Back to top Go down

Post  Fife Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:31 pm

Paul McCartney, and Flea those two inspired me to get a bass a lot.

Not to mention EVERYBODY plays the electric guitar at my school its kind of ridiculous I wanted to be different.
Fife
Fife

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidM96 Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:33 pm

different is good
DavidM96
DavidM96
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  ziman Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:58 am

Me and my ex step brother were playing guitar hero and we said wouldnt be cool to start a band. He was a arsehole. His whole thing for starting the band was to get more popular but i liked the vibration when i hold it and when the cord is wraped around my bare foot
ziman
ziman

Back to top Go down

Post  Supermatz Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:27 pm

I've always wated to play bass.
I hate myself for waiting until now to start!
I only started yesterday when I spotted a very nice second hand guitar shop and this sexy handsome lefthanded bass started calling my name.. o i had to buy it Smile I already think it's a lot of fun although my hands... hurt... they're used to nothing.. and I clipped all my beautiful long nails nooo :'( hahaha but it'll be worth it..

My dad is a bass player and is in some blues bands.. he has 5 guitars but i was never allowed to touch them 0-o
My little brother plays gutar, bass, drums and can sing..
So I'm really hoping I've got some talent too..?
Ié always just been really good at you know, enjoying music and appreciating the good stuff Wink going to concerts etc..
BUT It'sabout time I started playing an instrument yeahhh =)

I just joined the forum etc sooo I'll be stalking you guys and ask lots of questionsss!!
(about me my name is Mathilde.. I am Dutch but live n Glasgow.. study here at uni.. cheeeers!!!)
Supermatz
Supermatz

Back to top Go down

Post  lololiet Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:39 pm

Supermatz wrote:I've always wated to play bass.
I hate myself for waiting until now to start!
I only started yesterday when I spotted a very nice second hand guitar shop and this sexy handsome lefthanded bass started calling my name.. o i had to buy it Smile I already think it's a lot of fun although my hands... hurt... they're used to nothing.. and I clipped all my beautiful long nails nooo :'( hahaha but it'll be worth it..

My dad is a bass player and is in some blues bands.. he has 5 guitars but i was never allowed to touch them 0-o
My little brother plays gutar, bass, drums and can sing..
So I'm really hoping I've got some talent too..?
Ié always just been really good at you know, enjoying music and appreciating the good stuff Wink going to concerts etc..
BUT It'sabout time I started playing an instrument yeahhh =)

I just joined the forum etc sooo I'll be stalking you guys and ask lots of questionsss!!
(about me my name is Mathilde.. I am Dutch but live n Glasgow.. study here at uni.. cheeeers!!!)
Cool, welcome to the forum.

In the Off-topic section we've got an official "Introduce yourself" thread in which you could tell us a little more about yourself if you'd want to.

I'm dutch too, btw.
lololiet
lololiet
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:53 pm

Kinda wish I was Dutch, but only so I could say "ain't dutch? ain't much".
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  GemL Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:29 am

For me, I always wanted to be a musician. Music is my favourite thing in the world. Rock/Metal music that is.
Before I picked up the bass for the first time, I played guitar.. didn't feel right or look right.. didn't work with me.
I can't sing and I'm definitely no drummer...
So I thought I'd give the bass a go.. I picked up a Fender P-Bass, sat down and the first time I played it I knew it was the instrument for me. It feels right, sounds right, looks right and I enjoy playing it and learning it. I love it.
Does anyone else know what i mean by It just feels right?
GemL
GemL

Back to top Go down

Post  lololiet Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:27 pm

Yup, I do, I fell in love with the Bass too, I sometimes do strum around on an acoustic guitar and play a tiny little bit of keyboard, but it just doesn't feel the same.

So you like Rock & Metal, got any favorite bands/genres?
lololiet
lololiet
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:43 pm

Yeah. I love my ukulele, but the bass.... Can't adequately describe it.
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:04 am

androssie wrote:when i arrived at the store , there was a bright shining light ! it came from the bass section... and then i knew the bass would be my instrument ...
and then when i saw some people playing the lines so good. i thought this must be it , this is my new passion
i picked one up, looked around, started playing ... and.... I SUCKED AT IT
and from then i knew i would play bass forever

and still i suck at it, and that why i m playing it forever, just to learn it Razz

He's a great player don't pay attention when he says he sucks because he doesnt.

[/friend_support]
Nocturnal_Pulse
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next